So what happened to The Rock’s Mark Kerr project?

Do you really need The Rock representing MMA in a movie ? There's enough bad movies out there to represent the MMA community as it is.

When this thing was announced was I the only person who’s first thought was that they look nothing alike ?

Do you really need The Rock representing MMA in a movie ? There's enough bad movies out there to represent the MMA community as it is.
MMA needs a ROCKY/CREED movie. Best mma movie so far is the Warrior. It needs a high quality underdog movie like ROCKY/CREED. People don't realize many fighters got inspired from movies and is part of the reason they got into martial arts and combat sports.

MMA needs a ROCKY/CREED movie. Best mma movie so far is the Warrior. It needs a high quality underdog movie like ROCKY/CREED. People don't realize many fighters got inspired from movies and is part of the reason they got into martial arts and combat sports.

those movies are bad unrealistic and corny af. they should make realistic movies. like the wrestler. that show the darker side of fighting and keep people away. its for the .01%

True, Asian martial arts movies aren’t what they once were, ironically the marvel movie Shang Chi is one of the best kung fu films I’ve seen

True, Asian martial arts movies aren’t what they once were, ironically the marvel movie Shang Chi is one of the best kung fu films I’ve seen

It was ahem "Rock Solid"!

the-rock-eyeroll.gif

Honestly though - This and Dune are fekkin amazing imo.

Prolly top 2 of 2021 easily.

Mind Dune is woad my fav sci fi literature ever... my LotR level (same as Moorcock's Elric Saga....possibly Zelazny's Amber...)

Yeah martial arts and action movies fell off hard over the years. Some people are still making action movies though but there really needs to be more action stars. It's really only the Rock and Jason Statham now. No more Jackie Chan and Jet Li. JCVD is still making movies but nothing major release. Tony Ja isn't releasing major movies but he a co-star in some action movies, but they have been very low quality like Jiu-Jitsu. I don't know who green lighted that project, they had a good enough cast to actually make a good action movie. John Wick movies are dope, Keanu Reeves like to dabble in the action movies as well and John Wick had a lot of martial arts techniques. New Matrix movie is coming out soon too. Bourne Trilogy isn't making movies anymore, but the Bond films is still active with Daniel Craig. Hopefully that keeps going but it seems like they plan on eventually replacing him, hopefully they keep the action gritty like the other Daniel Craig movies.

Also missing are traditional style martial arts movies from the past. Like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and what Rza did with the Man with the Iron Fists. I would like to see modern/urban style martial arts movies like that. I think those would do very well if it was done right with a proper script, cast, and special effects. Either way we need more action stars and more action/martial arts movies.

Good to hear about Shang Chi, I'm definitely going to check that out as well.

those movies are bad unrealistic and corny af. they should make realistic movies. like the wrestler. that show the darker side of fighting and keep people away. its for the .01%
Nah people like a good underdog story, and it isn't really unrealistic, underdogs win all the time and combat sports are filled with Rocky type fighters. The Wrestler just shows what happens when you continue for too long and don't know when to quit, even tough your body can't handle it anymore. All that should teach people is to have an exit plan and have other options set up if it's something you can't physically do forever, so you don't end up in situations like that.

Sounds kind of corny. Most mma movies are cringey.

Back