So, who the hell beats Petr Yan?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Let's cut to the chase. I don't even wanna discuss the whole Sterling thing. He's gonna decapitate Aljo is a violent, merciless and timely manner.

That said, who the hell has anything for Petr Yan right now? And I say this as the ultimate Aldo fan. The guy is DAMN GOOD. BW is actually starting to feel a bit shallow when I think about it.

Idk homies. The man looks unfuckwithable right now..

Hopefully no one, if not TJ I want Yan to go down as the BW GOAT but thats going to take a lot.

Prime TJ could give him a run for his money, but I think Yan’s toughest match is Volkanovski at FW

Sterling embarrassed himself in that fight on several levels.

At 135 there isn't anyone that can beat Yan in a straight up fight barring some kind of fluke KO or injury

I think Yan at 145 would struggle though. There are guys at 145 who would have a size and strength advantage. Hell, Holloway would laugh at Yan's aggressiveness.

I think he wipes out Sterling and then sits on top of his division for several years.

He will get old and competition is tight. He is a fighter that takes a lot of damage even though he dishes out beautiful violence as well

Maybe. Maybe not. Crazier things have happened.
I mean yes that's true but if we look at the matchup objectively, there really isn't a path to victory for Aljo.

Yan is the better striker.
Yan tooled Aljo in any grappling attempts Aljo made.
Aljo also gassed.

Back