Does anyone remember Islam Makhachev vs Arman Tsarukyan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
One judge scored that fight 29 - 28
Two judges scored it 30 - 27

I'm wondering how that happened.
Did Islam get dominated or lose control at any point during the fight?

It is a close grappling match. Islam won with a lot of wrist control. I remember that part because on Monday all the white belts were doing it. It's so annoying

We can't forget—Islam and Arman fans bring it up all the time.

It was an impressive, competitive fight especially when you consider that Arman took it on short notice and was clearly the smaller fighter in there

Last edited:
Great fight, I scored it 29-28 and gave Tsarukyan the 2nd round.
One of the best grappling fights in the last few years in my opinion.

Tsarukyan was only 22 if I remember correctly, was very impressed by his effort.

That fight made me a huge Arman fan. Would love to see him hold UFC gold one day.

Good back and forth grappling match.

Arman clearly slowed down in the third round, but I believe he took the fight on short notice. And Arman was even younger than Islam.

I can definitely see them running it back down the line when both are in their prime.

One of the best grappling fights I've seen.

Only time that Islam was somewhat matched in wrestling. Was a close fight, I could see Islam losing one of those 3 rounds

Chris Wade matched Islam in the wrestling for a lot of the fight. He won the first round mostly on top. Islam took over more late.

Paul fielder in the third round - “I don’t wanna fight him” talking about tsaryukian

Only watched it 1 time and I remember Arman being really strong, and Islam being technically really good.

Wasn't Arman a short notice fighter? I wonder how full camp Arman would look like then. That was impressive match and his debut (!). Certainly a future of LW alongside many others such as Gamrot, Guram, Fiziev and many more. Shark Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back