Do you think Jonathon goulet and marvin Eastman knew back in the day..

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That they were sacrificial lambs for highlight reel ko's? Some of the top ko's come from these men on the receiving end, and only matched up ever with strikers with KO power (aside from lutter) did they know deep down you think? I mean Eastman fought for the ufc a good 4 years or so before he even won a fight. Yet was given high profile fight after high profile fight and being on the main card.

That they were sacrificial lambs for highlight reel ko's? Some of the top ko's come from these men on the receiving end, and only matched up ever with strikers with KO power (aside from lutter) did they know deep down you think? I mean Eastman fought for the ufc a good 4 years or so before he even won a fight. Yet was given high profile fight after high profile fight and being on the main card.

Some fighters are just like that.

There are some fighters that will weigh up every single opponent, and there are others who will fight absolutely anyone (even if they do have certain stipulations like a 4-6 week camp).

Have to respect the fighters that will just fight.

Both guys fought a lot of really good fighters. Eastman was really solid with a lot of good wins. Goulet would fight anyone on short notice.

Eastman did. Just never in the ufc. And it took him 4 or more years just to win his 1 and only.

Goulet did. That's why we used to say about him " seems he is getting knocked out every week"

Goulet had the weird hair and weak jaw. Good times.

Gatekeepers who didn't reaize that is what they are.

Damn... they took away my likes, WTF? It was hard to get just a few over the years and boom they deleted them just for taking a nice deserved break from the site. Yet, Sherdog is still putting up Tito's shitty threads and I'm the one being punished for getting bored with all this crap... this is bullshit.

Marvin Eastman was an absolute beast. Very good striker and an excellent wrestler. Its a tough sport.

Damn... they took away my likes, WTF? It was hard to get just a few over the years and boom they deleted them just for taking a nice deserved break from the site. Yet, Sherdog is still putting up Tito's shitty threads and I'm the one being punished for getting bored with all this crap... this is bullshit.
I suggest crying about it.

you're only as good as your last like.

I dunno, but if I didn't think I could take a hit I doubt I'd be into fighting. So good on them, that must take a lot of courage.

It's the same with Bethe - I'm convinced they keep her around so as to make Holly's highlight reel seem exciting and relevant.

It's always funny to see how lazy the UFC is with their highlight-reel packages - just from the fight shorts alone, you can see that the "highlights" they use for someone like Jeremy Stephens are from before the Reebok era.

Forgot about the afro dude. Poor guy that Johnson fight was super unnecessary
Man, that was a garbage stoppage that I was still glad to see. Being a massive fan of Brenneman wasn't very easy most days.

I noticed that every heavyweight that they wanted to promote got fed notorious glass chinned overeem, arlovski and JDS. (JDS had a great chin for most of his career but it was gone by then)
Ngannou, Stipe and Jarizono all got fed all 3 of them. Blades got fed JDS and Overeem.

Obviously, you're referring to The Great Sherdog Like Purge of 2020. Absolutely every user on Sherdog Forums lost ALL of their Sherdog Likes.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was because the Sherdog Forums Servers were overloaded.

lol you actually give a shit ..where are my "likes"

I love to imagine that men used to dress up in suits to go to a dinner or a ballgame. Now men lament the fact that their "likes" were absconded with on a internet forum...

Back