Volk only -148 favorite over Ortega?

The Eagle

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
200.gif

He was -225 favorite over Holloway in the 2nd fight and Holloway destroyed Ortega.

What am I missing here?

200.gif

He was -225 favorite over Holloway in the 2nd fight and Holloway destroyed Ortega.

What am I missing here?
What I noticed about Ortega is he does much better vs shorter fighters... his choke vs Swanson is a great example

He clearly beat Max the first time around for starters, and Ortega looked impressive in disposing of KZ

If Ortega's striking vs Zombie wasn't a one off, then I see the similarities between this fight and Cain vs Werdum.

Volk got tkoed by the number 19 recently.
I bet he took a lot of damage

Lots of hype for Ortega’s improvements after the Zombie fight
Has to be this.

Ortega is seen to be on a spike, whereas Holloway had a lot of people saying he had run out of road as champ.

Then again the bookies also said Miesha would beat Amanda, which turned a nice weekend on a shoestring budget.

Lots of hype for Ortega’s improvements after the Zombie fight

This, and the reason he was -225 over Holloway in their rematch was simply because he won the first fight without too much trouble.

With that said, I don't think the striking improvements in Ortega's game are enough to not result in him getting outclassed on his feet. Ortega's best chance is a submission out of nowhere.

Volk doesn't stand flat footed like the zombie does .....volk wins this easily !!!

I'll put a few hundo on it for sure ...him and Valentina are absolute locks

Ortega does really well against shorter fighters.

Volk is short.

Ortega is a douche. Hope the Volkinator tools him.

I think Volk will kick his ass pretty easily unless If Ortega can somehow work in a couple takedowns

Back