UFC 267: title fight alternates

1BadMF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If Glover gets injured before his fight with Jan, who would you like to see as an alternate?

How about if Sterling or Yan gets injured, who would you like to see take one of their spots?

I think Jiri Prochazka and Dillashaw. They would probably be more competitive than having
Sterling or Glover.

I really want font to get his shot on a full camp, I hope if he ends up in this spot he’s been actively training and is ready to go. Same thing with Jiri

Well isn’t Jiri the “official” stand by fighter already?

And if Yan ducks the champ, then Font makes sense.

It would be more likely that Sterling punks out but then Font would be a good fight.

I didn't know that Jiri was the official standby-good choice!

Jiri is officially back up and would be who I would pick.

I would pick TJ or Font for the other.

It would be more likely that Sterling punks out but then Font would be a good fight.

I didn't know that Jiri was the official standby-good choice!
I was making fun of the Aljo haters. I expect everybody to show up. But, yes Jiri is to my knowledge the official stand by fighter.

Jiri for sure 100%
I agree with The Snake but isn’t his knee still hurt ?

giphy.gif

Jan Błachowicz all the way !

If Glover gets injured before his fight with Jan, who would you like to see as an alternate?

How about if Sterling or Yan gets injured, who would you like to see take one of their spots?

I think Jiri Prochazka and Dillashaw. They would probably be more competitive than having
Sterling or Glover.

Jiri is a given. But bantamweight is a little more tricky. Could TJ or Aldo make the weight in time? Font has taken short notice fights before iirc.

They likely scrap the 135lb title fight if something happens and TJ can't make weight. Especially with Jiri waiting with a watering mouth they have atleast 1 garaunteed title fight on the card worst case scnario.

Jiri for sure. Most exciting LHW on the roster. TJ is still injured. So Sandhagen or Font. Had Sandhagen beating TJ, as damage > control. So would throw him a bone. But only if Sterling gets injured. He lost that one badly. Otherwise Sterling vs Font. Or Aldo.

Jan vs Jiri would be a step up from Jan vs Glover. No hate on Glover cause he legit earned his shot, but Jan/Jiri is just way more compelling. Feels like it would be a scrap for the ages.

Back