Khabib or Aldo - Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say Khabib is higher and rank him at #5 all-time.

khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-jose-aldo.png

Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/khabib-defended-his-belt-3-times-aldo-10.4204615/

Last edited:
I’d say Aldo due to longevity but Khabib takes the cake anyways because higher weight class.

Jose is 35 years old, still fighting killers and doing pretty good.

It would have been cool to see Khabib stick around for a while longer but I guess his head or heart werent in the game anymore.

Gotta give the nod to the long time FW champ.

It's like comparing Lionel Messi with Lukas Podolski or Muhammad Ali with Anthony Joshua or Novak Djokovic with Marat Safin.

Good/Above average vs. Greatest of greatest.

Aldo was on a like 9x title fight win streak at the age Khabib retired at. I'm not even sure how this is up for debate.

Fight long enough and every fighter will eventually go on a decline. Oh and if you don't fight long enough, pardon us for not ranking you anywhere near the top

Resume and accomplishment-wise: Aldo by a long shot.

Khabib is probably the most dominant MMA fighter of all time, but he retired just as he was starting to rack up high-quality wins/title defenses.

I'd probably put Aldo at #5 GOAT, and Khabib at #7 (after Mighty Mouse)

They're around the for me. Aldo had some very hard losses. Khabib didn't have as long of a title run. Great in different ways

Both GOATs but personally would put Khabib in front of Aldo.

Hard to compare GOATS unless we are living in a perfect world. Aldo had more defenses but Khabib was denied a earlier title shot when Conor jumped the line to get to Eddie.

Aldo fought in a weaker division, has lost rounds, has lost fights and has been dominated where Khabib hasn't. Lets say Khabib fought another 5 times, lets be real who in the current was going to beat him? But lets say he lost 2 fight out of his next 5 then his record would be 32 - 2.

Aldo certainly, it could have been Khabib if he had kept fighting for 5-7 more years and kept winning and defending the belt and weight class change as well, but sadly it was all cut very short, shame.
Lol 7 more year? He could only be 0ass Aldo if he fought until he was 40? That's just dumb

Back