Jon Jones' fighting career has emulated Ali's in many ways..

wildchild88

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jones has beaten great champions and fighters across eras..

Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Machida, TRT Belfort, Bader.
-Then
Sonnen, Gus x2, Glover, Cormier x2
-Then
Reyes, Santos

X2 dominant wins over Cormier was an extremely impressive feat.

He has had long breaks between competing like Ali, and early in his career had a degree of talent that put him far away and ahead from his competition as Ali did.

Yes Jones did PED's, and Ali has one thousand times the amount of character than Jones does.. but there are definitely some parallels between them in terms of their fighting careers..

Ali seems to agree with you and likes the parallels
NINTCHDBPICT000439464328.jpg

Yes but the difference is Jon Jones decline could be caused by his past PEDs useage. Ali returned to boxing at around age 29. This will be Jon Jones's third hiatus and now he's almost 35

Reactions: HHJ
Reyes and Santos dont even really count as wins tbh

2 of the Norton fights were very close.. (although Reyes n Santos don't belong in the same sentence as Ken)

Ali made the greatest career out of prime beating numerous world champions in the most stacked era ever and shocked the world many times, while Jones barely held his own with gatekeepers from division below.

Yes, Ali's competition was all time, legendary.

But for mma standards, Jones demolished the best ever line up of light heavyweights.. it's a young sport..

lol imagine if there was a draft when jones was around?
Hed have signed up just for the sex and drugs.

This is Bones' war movie spirit animal:

latest

With a little Bokeem Woodbine in Reading Presidents for teh lulz.

5VCf.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Ali made the greatest career out of prime beating numerous world champions in the most stacked era ever and shocked the world many times, while Jones barely held his own with gatekeepers from division below.
Jones did exactly what you describe Ali doing while he was still ascendant. You're just cherry picking details to bash a fighter you don't like. Weak sauce!

Last edited:
If you think about it, Ali and I have a lot in common: We're both Americans, both carbon-based bipeds, and eat on a regular basis. I've also never lost to the fighters he didn't lose to. We've both written short poems, and have been married. Both of us have made fun of Howard Cosell, though in my case he couldn't hear me. Ali and I are two peas in a pod!

Last edited:
Back