Media Khabib: [Gaethje] hit like truck. No one hit me harder than Justin Gaethje

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I remember my emotion when I fight with Justin Gaetjhe in the last fight. It was like when I went to the cage, you know this guy hit like a truck. Nobody hit me harder than Justin Gaethje. His kick, his punch, his left hook, right uppercut.”

But I make him hit me. When I go to the cage and I was like okay I’m gonna go bring him to the deep ocean. Deep ocean is like I m gonna make him tired on standup I’m gonna bring him on the ground and finish him there.”

“First of all, what I have to do because he got very good wrestling base. He is a very good wrestler. And in beginning of the fight I knew this guy don’t let me wrestling. I go through on his punch, kicks. You know it was like everything what happened with [my] father. Like I would think [I have] nothing to lose.”

“My coach tell me listen to gameplan, listen to game plan, be careful, head movement. Yes like take him down but I don’t listen everything what my coach says but because I was very emotional.”

https://www.sportsmanor.com/khabib-...-he-has-ever-faced-this-guy-hit-like-a-truck/

khabib-gaethje.gif

Last edited:
That's what I was telling people right after they fought. Gaethje landed harder punches on khabib than anyone else. Harder than Conor, harder than the punches from Michael Johnson and Poirier that people think actually hurt khabib when they didn't

Yes, Justin has power and Khabib a great chin but I think RDA packs the most power @ LW.

Man he really has a legendary chin, to be one of the goat you really have to have a crazy chin, which is more impressive that GSP was able to do what he was able to do with what I believe is/was an average chin.
This is why GSP turned into a conservative wrestler middle to late in his career, the man knew his limitations, while he had great striking, it was always like playing with Fire.

Khabib must have a granite chin along with an excellent poker face. I remember Gaethje landed some solid leg kicks and Khabib grimaced for about a second before continuing his attack. Actually makes the fight that much better when info like this is released. Gaethje himself said he felt like he needed a battleaxe if he wanted to beat Khabib or something like that lol. The respect is clearly there between the two of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back