Media Stipe Miocic Accepted Fight Against Jon Jones (Per Dana White)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Not sure if this was posted already, but haven't seen it mentioned.

“Me and Jones have had that type of relationship his whole career. When he’s ready to fight we are ready to go. He’s talking about fighting at heavyweight,” Dana White said on the Nelk Boys’ Full Send podcast. “But, in the heavyweight division right now we are going back to Houston, Derrick Lewis is taking on Ciryl Gane and whoever wins that fight will fight Francis Ngannou. Whoever wins that fight, if Jon Jones wants to come back he can fight one of them. Or, he can fight Stipe Miocic. Stipe has accepted that fight and will take that fight.”

Seems more like the UFC asked Miocic if he would fight Jones and said "yes". So Miocic verbally agreed a while ago most likely.

It doesn't mean that this fight is currently on the table / ever been offered via contract

Makes a ton of sense but I don’t think Jones takes it.

Too much to lose for him. Best bet is to rush the winner of the next title fight into fighting him.

That was the biggest fight possible for the UFC at the start of 2021. How quickly things can change in a matter of 8 months. And I think Jon won't take that fight, at least this 2021. Last time he mentioned he's gonna sit out the rest of the year. Maybe next year.

No more toothpicto Jones.

Stipe, Lewis, Ngannou, would all put his lights out. I'd watch, but toothpicto will never make that walk.

Its good to see Stipe isn't holding out for another auto title shot at least but Jon can and will walk into a title fight at HW.

“I’m not here to fight Stipe but I will defend my belt against him no problem. I’m looking for the biggest draw and I’m willing to wait. 33 years old in better athlete right now than I’ve ever been before.. im just going to keep training my a** off.”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/m...es-not-interested-in-dana-whites-recent-idea/

Respect to Stipe for agreeing.

Dude is nearly 40, has fought Francis twice, D.C. 3x, JDS x2, Mark Hunt, Werdum, Alister, and got KOed in his last fight.

Takes balls and no matter if Sherdog turned on him he’s still one of my favourites.

Back