Chandler vs. Gaethje potentially in jeopardy due to vaccine requirements in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Michael Chandler has concerns about whether his fight with Justin Gaethje will go forward as planned if the UFC attempts to host it in New York.

The looming issue, however, are the newly placed mandates in the state that require proof of vaccination for indoor dining, fitness and entertainment events. A UFC event would fall into the latter category, and that could prove problematic for Chandler.

“I just saw that New York is dropping some heavy mandates on the city of New York City,” Chandler said Wednesday on Instagram Live. “Basically, they’re requiring you to be vaccinated (and) show proof of vaccination for indoor dining, indoor fitness and indoor performances and entertainment. Obviously a UFC card, a UFC fight being thrown at Madison Square Garden is considered indoor entertainment and indoor performance. I will not be vaccinated at that point. I don’t know how many fighters, if I was to fight on that Nov. 6 card – or whoever is fighting on Nov. 6 at Madison Square Garden – I don’t know how many fighters will be vaccinated. I don’t really have a tally on who is or isn’t.

“It’s not that I’m anti-vax. It’s not that I don’t believe in the vaccine, necessarily. I’m just not going to get the vaccine until it’s 100 percent FDA approved. We’ve had hundreds of clinical trials, just like we had the vaccines that my son has had – measles and chicken pox and all of the vaccines that have been around for 100 years that have been proven. We shall see. I don’t know what’s going to happen. More than anything, the chances of the UFC being able to sell out Madison Square Garden with only people that are vaccinated really cuts down their ability to sell out Madison Square Garden. So I don’t really know. I think it calls into question if Madison Square Garden will actually happen, to be honest with you guys. The UFC is brilliant and geniuses at putting things together and putting their fights together. But as I said, I’m not anti-vaccine. I think vaccines are effective. I think it’s everybody’s choice whether they want to take the vaccine. I won’t be vaccinated by Nov. 6, so I won’t be able to perform or entertain at Madison Square Garden. So we shall see.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...medium=My New Route&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.spon

FrenchNeighboringArmedcrab-max-1mb.gif

Damn we are going to lose a good card unless Dana moves the venue out of New York.

how long it takes to get vaccinated? it takes around 4 weeks right?

I'm sure this thread will be full of level headed rational people as opposed to vaccine zealots who think you're a murderer if you don't get one and brainlets who think vaccines turn you into magneto.

With all due respect, but declining to get vaccinated at this point is quite frankly stupid.

Come one Chandler...

No it isn't. He's young and healthy. You can still get the delta variant while vaccinated and you're still contagious. On top of that, waiting for FDA approval is a decent line to draw in the sand.

That being said, I wouldn't be hanging around any geriatrics if I wasn't vaxxed. Or at this point, even if I am, since it doesn't matter.

Put the fight on a different card, problem solved. I don’t want to get into whether an adult should or shouldn’t get vaccinated.

But, NYSAC, and NY State have always sucked, with the hurdles that must be cleared. Like really.. You won’t let a fighter fight if he hasn’t been fully vaccinated? Have they closed down the borders to the state as well? Do they allow people that haven’t been vaccinated in?

They won’t allow a band to perform a concert if they haven’t been vaccinated. They won’t allow a play on Broadway if every single member of the company hasn’t been vaccinated? Do they monitor the audience as well? If you go to a sporting event, do you have to have proof of vaccination? What a fucked up place.

No it isn't. He's young and healthy. You can still get the delta variant while vaccinated and you're still contagious. On top of that, waiting for FDA approval is a decent line to draw in the sand.

That being said, I wouldn't be hanging around any geriatrics if I wasn't vaxxed. Or at this point, even if I am, since it doesn't matter.
Thing is, the state has made it mandatory, so its either to vaccine or pull out now, i hope NYSAC doesnt bend to fighters requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back