It’s hard to feel bad for UFC fighters who are struggling to make money

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When organizations like Bellator, RIZIN, PFL and many others would pay them so much more and let them wear sponsors on their shorts which would help them out so much. Instead people like Buys is begging and pleading to Uncle Dana for 50k which is sad. At this point you know what you’re getting into signing here so I don’t wanna hear anymore, “I’m struggling to get by” or “I had to take 2 jobs because I don’t get paid enough”.

Fight out your contract and leave or don’t sign at all at this point.

Who the fuck asked you?

tenor.gif

Fighters don't make nearly as much money as people think for getting sponsors on their shorts. How much do you think companies are going to pay to reach an audience of 100,000 people.

I just drove by an In N Out and you start at $14.50. They should start wrasslin a griddle if they want to make the money, amirite?

When organizations like Bellator, RIZIN, PFL and many others would pay them so much more and let them wear sponsors on their shorts which would help them out so much. Instead people like Buys is begging and pleading to Uncle Dana for 50k which is sad. At this point you know what you’re getting into signing here so I don’t wanna hear anymore, “I’m struggling to get by” or “I had to take 2 jobs because I don’t get paid enough”.

The thing is none of those organizations pay better than the UFC. The UFC pays WAY MORE. In some cases 6-10 times what those organizations pay. The UFC is the highest paying MMA promotion in the world

How do you know those other organizations would pay Cheyenne Buys better?

Fighters don't make nearly as much money as people think for getting sponsors on their shorts. How much do you think companies are going to pay to reach an audience of 100,000 people.
This. Your typical fighter can make maybe 2x Reebok money because Dana does not take his share. Fighters who have a big audience can get sponsors outside fights.

Like any profession, if you´re good at it and "make it" you´ll get paid well. UFC or MMA is no different.

Most fighters doesn´t seem to understand that.

101 broenomics. Which doesn’t take into account how a monopoly can screw customers and employees. There’s a reason unions exist and one should for the UFC.

UFC’s sponsor tax and Reebok deal basically killed lucrative sponsorships for fighters. Still nice to have these days, but not paying 2008 rates in 2021
There are also more platforms to advertise to targeted audience like Instagram and Youtube. Sponsors would rather pay Paige than some Bellator fighter who has limited audience.

most fighters try to make it in the UFC, so they can get paid elsewhere... but they first need to make a name in the UFC, which is not that easy

101 broenomics. Which doesn’t take into account how a monopoly can screw customers and employees. There’s a reason unions exist and one should for the UFC.
Yup, but UFC isn´t a monopoly as many like to suggest. Unions or not, you simply do not get paid well until you make it or climb up that ladder.
There´s always a minimum wage for someone.

Hard to feel bad for them? Wtf is wrong with you? They're in the organization with well over 90% of the most talented of each division in the world -- if they want to fight the best and be the best they have to be in the UFC.

Yup, but UFC isn´t a monopoly as many like to suggest. Unions or not, you simply do not get paid well until you make it or climb up that ladder.
There´s always a minimum wage for someone.

Yeah, not a monopoly for sure. Wages may be an issue in the UFC but it isn't because they're a monopoly, it's because fighters are expendable and the 11-15 guys at any given time can be replaced by whoever is #16

Back