Amanda Nunes passes Jose Aldo

Cowboy Kurt Angle

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Amanda Nunes as passed Jośe Aldos title reign she is now the fourth in longest individual reign 755D5BF8-C103-4EA0-B7AA-55F8D09F2F14.jpeg

Last edited:
Impressive stuff from Nunes, but it seems like a miscount of Aldo's time as champ.

Aldo became FW champ in November 2009 and lost his belt in December 2015. So just over six years as champ.

6 x 365 = 2190, plus another thirty days or so to be exact. Plus he spent another 11 months as champ in 2016-2017, so add roughly 330 days. He spent about about 2500 days as FW champ of the world. He should be number one on this list, unless it is counting longest streak as champ without losing the belt, in which case he should be number two.

I think Nunes could top this list eventually if she can stay focused and healthy. She's a great champ.

Last edited:
She'll retire soon her heart isnt in it anymore.

Amanda Nunes as passed Jośe Aldos title reign she is now the fourth in longest individua titleView attachment 871909 reign

Yeah sorry, I'm actually pro-WMMA and don't completely shit on it...

But fuck that. Comparing Amanda Nunes' title run and defenses to Aldo's is a farce.

Her last three fights were against: Megan "Origami" Anderson, Felicia Spencer, and Germaine de White Belt no wrestling.

Before that there's some bangers like Cyborg, Rousey, Valentina (forget which one was debatable/close), I'll even give her Holm at that point. But we still have Rocky Pennington lol, Miesha was okay...I think she's quite overrated honestly but still a good win for WMMA standards.

Idk it's just a bit ridiculous. From Dec. 2016 to August 2021 current day - Nunes has defended that BW belt 5 fucking times. She's already on pace for sub 1 defenses per year, it's about to be 5 defenses in 6 full years soon.

Yeah sorry, I'm actually pro-WMMA and don't completely shit on it...

But fuck that. Comparing Amanda Nunes' title run and defenses to Aldo's is a farce.

Her last three fights were against: Megan "Origami" Anderson, Felicia Spencer, and Germaine de White Belt no wrestling.

Before that there's some bangers like Cyborg, Rousey, Valentina (forget which one was debatable/close), I'll even give her Holm at that point. But we still have Rocky Pennington lol, Miesha was okay...I think she's quite overrated honestly but still a good win for WMMA standards.

Idk it's just a bit ridiculous. From Dec. 2016 to August 2021 current day - Nunes has defended that BW belt 5 fucking times. She's already on pace for sub 1 defenses per year, it's about to be 5 defenses in 6 full years soon.
She has two belts to defend. So, no, she's not on pace for sub 1 defense per year, because you ignored the three Featherweight title fights she's had.

She can't do both at the same time, so reigning in two weight classes is probably going to mean not a rapid turnaround for defending in both classes, simultaneously.

Amanda Nunes as passed Jośe Aldos title reign she is now the fourth in longest individua titleView attachment 871909 reign
Why should this stat be considered important in itself? Different reigns comprise longer and shorter periods of inactivity. Imagine how long a champion's reign could be extended by fighting only once every 14-18 months?

Shouldn't there be some sort of handicap? Like men's title reigns compared to women's are measured in dog years or something?

good on Amanda for being way ahead of the women's MMA game but she's a 2013 skilled fighter facing women who are 1999 skilled fighters in terms of the evolution of skills.

No offense but doesn't mean much when wmma divisions are filled with c level scrubs. Every other name on that list had tougher competition, Nunes is GOAT wmma fighter but let's not discuss anything in comparison to men of the sport, there's an immense talent gap in overall competition.

That means Nunes only defends that title less than once per year (every 371 days).

Trying to justify her inactivity by saying she also defends the featherweight title is ridiculous because that is not an actual division. The reason there are no rankings at women's featherweight is there are almost no women's featherweight fights in the UFC. In 5+ years, there have only been about 20 fights total in that "division".

Nunes also pulled out of a title defense against Shevchenko literally hours before the event. She should have been stripped of the title for that. When Nunes finally showed up for the rematch, Shevchenko won 3 of 5 rounds, a majority of the judges scored Rounds 2, 3, and 4 for her.

Back