I think tony has a size problem

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No wonder he needs to get some better tdd, but what really shocks me in his last fights is how much weaker he looks than his oponents, tony is maybe 5'11 and he's built like max holloway, he shouod put some pounds on he looks way skinnier than the current top 10IMG_20210804_091517.jpg

He didn't have a size problem when he was on a 12 fight win streak.
He wasn't fighting wrestlers besides lee, and he didn't look strong in that fight too, don't get me wrong his tdd needs to improve but some more pounds woudn't hurt, there is one weigh in where he doesn't even takes his jeans pants off

He wasn't fighting wrestlers besides lee, and he didn't look strong in that fight too, don't get me wrong his tdd needs to improve but some more pounds woudn't hurt, there is one weigh in where he doesn't even takes his jeans pants off
A few extra pounds wouldn't have made any difference in the fight that effectively ended his career at the top of the division. Justin didn't wrestle him at all.

I feel sorry for Tony.
He made wrong decisions in his career.
He should also have joined a real gym instead of training himself.
He is older now and the technique is not there. He relied to much on his condition and durability.

He is in a bad spot right now.
He will loose his next fight.
He should be fighting bigger names.
If he wants to make his last money he should call out Nate Diaz.
He shouldn't go fight Hooker or lower ranked guys.
His focus should be on money fights. He will loose to all those lower ranked guys.
He should call out Nate Diaz at 170.
That's the only move he should make.

Tony is long and looks weird, but his size definitely isn't the problem at 155.

I'd go as far as saying he's one of the stronger 155ers.

He didn't used to look small but in his last couple of fights IMO he has been noticeably small.

He didn't have a size problem when he was on a 12 fight win streak.

Could just be he has got older and cutting is harder so he isn't cutting as much (as result his octagon weight is less than it used to be). The lighter weight classes aren't kind to ageing fighters.

I feel sorry for Tony.
He made wrong decisions in his career.
He should also have joined a real gym instead of training himself.
He is older now and the technique is not there. He relied to much on his condition and durability.

He is in a bad spot right now.
He will loose his next fight.
He should be fighting bigger names.
If he wants to make his last money he should call out Nate Diaz.
He shouldn't go fight Hooker or lower ranked guys.
His focus should be on money fights. He will loose to all those lower ranked guys.
He should call out Nate Diaz at 170.
That's the only move he should make.

Nate will be way too big for him.

In the ideal world he would fight Conor after Dustin beats him (maybe he still will, but seems a long way off now).

Not to mention WW is very very competitive, and chalked full of gigantic wrestlers.
*like*
Exactly.
Tony's physique is good for 155, it's just that he's taken tons of damage and is old - if he wants to get near the belt, he'd need really drastic changes to his game and even then it'd be a hard road.
He probably should hang them up or take a step or two down in competition.

Nate will be way too big for him.

In the ideal world he would fight Conor after Dustin beats him (maybe he still will, but seems a long way off now).

It doesn't matter if Nate it too big.
He will loose for sure even if they have the same size. He would have beaten him when he was young but not now.
It's just for money.

Everytime someone loses, sherdog always goes with he’s too small, needs to go down a weight class lol

Tony has an age problem.

It's not that hard to see why he's regressed. Age + a lot of accumulated damage over his career + wear and tear from his insane training.
Dude is legit schizophrenic and possibly bipolar, and reportedly on meds as well. Don't know if it's just luck of the genetic draw or if he brought it on himself with over use of psychedelics. Either way there is no way he can perform like he used to.

*like*
Exactly.
Tony's physique is good for 155, it's just that he's taken tons of damage and is old - if he wants to get near the belt, he'd need really drastic changes to his game and even then it'd be a hard road.
He probably should hang them up or take a step or two down in competition.

Time, age, injuries. They are inescapable. Not to mention the out of the cage stuff with him.

The number of people that come back from an acl injury are few and far between. Now at age 38, in the shark tank (155)? Good luck. I mean, you don’t even have to lose a full step to slide down these rankings. Not to mention the fact that he was doing all the unconventional things..when you’re doing PT for an ACL, it’s gotta be by the book. There’s no style. There’s no creativity. It’s clenching your teeth and walking up a ramp for hundreds of hours. It’s not for everyone.

All that being said I think Tony is a top 15-40 guy and could still fight with fringe ranked guys if he wanted, and maybe pull a win here and there. Kinda like an andrei arlovski but in a much deeper division at 155.

Back