So about that “ufc vs Bellator”

Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...or-263-number-average-viewers-events-revealed
more like a massacre uriah hall a bigger draw than anyone in Bellator they haven’t even reached 400k like they did with that free event on YT. Strikeforce would never they use to average 600k each event and don’t come at me with “showtime is a premium channel” how come they’re boxing events manage to average more than 250k each then for reference broners last fight did 288k https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...ages-288000-viewers-showtime-boxing-news-2021. Should’ve stayed on paramount now combate is gaining them new subscribers something Scott could never do. @shills where ya at
<209Bitch><{silvanormal}><36>

Just enjoy both. Bellator isn't anywhere near the UFC in exposure and ratings. Everyone knows that. The Belloltor shills are gonna talk their talk. I just want to see good fights and good matchups. I hope Bellator can step it up on both fronts going forward. They need to. It isn't like I'm going to stop watching, but I'm sure some others will.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...or-263-number-average-viewers-events-revealed
more like a massacre uriah hall a bigger draw than anyone in Bellator they haven’t even reached 400k like they did with that free event on YT. Strikeforce would never they use to average 600k each event and don’t come at me with “showtime is a premium channel” how come they’re boxing events manage to average more than 250k each then for reference broners last fight did 288k https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...ages-288000-viewers-showtime-boxing-news-2021. Should’ve stayed on paramount now combate is gaining them new subscribers something Scott could never do. @shills where ya at
<209Bitch><{silvanormal}><36>
85k is pretty good for a showtime Card. Who pays for showtime to watch mma? Almost nobody. 133k watched the mainevent, which is closer to that boxing number you talked about and the main event was the talk of the weekend.

I see that as a win for bellator, tbh.

This FN is one of the lowest fights for the UFC.

On a side point:

The UFC aren't going to co-promote with anyone in MMA, why would they?

M-1 wanted to do it years ago when they held Fedor's registration, Dana White was adamant it would never happen - Fedor either signed for the UFC or he never fought there, end of story.

Since then, Chatri of ONE has said multiple times he would co-promote; Bellator stars are now talking about co-promoting, though to Coker's credit he knows it's pure fantasy and won't ever happen.

Of course it won't.

ONE Championship have nothing to offer UFC. Bellator have even less. Rizin's CEO has said co-promoting is the way forward, yeah maybe, but everyone wants to co-promote with Dana and it ain't happening.

Chatri has said he won't co-promote with Bellator, he certainly won't co-promote with Rizin, and he isn't going to get any joy from Dana.

To be honest, being 'willing' to co-promote with the UFC kinda de-values these CEO's products IMO.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure even One and KSW have better numbers than that.

Also McKee still has less than 100k follower on Instagram, even after the pitbull fight.

Damn thats low, but at the same time...who cares, as long as they are a profitable org they will keep puting cards and i will keep watching, i dont even need to look for a stream, its free on Youtube, the full event.

Although it won't happen, it would be nice to see Bellator/UFC co-promote some title fights. I would love to see Mousasi vs. Adesanya, Nemkov/Blachowicz, McKee/Volk, Amazov/Usman, there are a few good fights out there that can be made in my humble opinion.

"The UFC is undoubtedly still the largest MMA promotion in the world. It grossly outnumbered rival promotion Bellator in terms of viewership at their recent events. According to reports, UFC Vegas 33 averaged 797k viewers on ESPN and peaked at 953k viewers during the main event. Meanwhile, Bellator 263 averaged 85k viewers and peaked at 177k during the Pitbull vs. McKee main event."
=============================================

Reported Peak:
UFC 953k --- 177k Bellator

Reported Avg:
UFC 797k --- 85k Bellator

That's an ass-whoopin'

This is why Viacom begged for a deal with Combate. Bellator is dead and Combate is the future.

Bellator has done a terrible job with their TV contracts since being on Spike. They have bounced around to various low-level channels and now on a premium channel. Most people have no idea where to find it if the even have the channel at all.

On a side point:

The UFC aren't going to co-promote with anyone in MMA, why would they?

M-1 wanted to do it years ago when they held Fedor's registration, Dana White was adamant it would never happen - Fedor either signed for the UFC or he never fought there, end of story.

Since then, Chatri of ONE has said multiple times he would co-promote; Bellator stars are now talking about co-promoting, though to Coker's credit he knows it's pure fantasy and won't ever happen.

Of course it won't.

ONE Championship have nothing to offer UFC. Bellator have even less. Rizin's CEO has said co-promoting is the way forward, yeah maybe, but everyone wants to co-promote with Dana and it ain't happening.

Chatri has said he won't co-promote with Bellator, he certainly won't co-promote with Rizin, and he isn't going to get any joy from Dana.

To be honest, being 'willing' to co-promote with the UFC kinda de-values these CEO's products IMO.

I guess it depends what is more important in terms of product. If it is the production, then it is more about the familiarity of the brand that is important over the talent. I personally like watching talented fighters. Brand familiarity is nice and all but I am an mma fan. I don't mind the idea of seeing who is the best out there.

I don't like the multiple belts in boxing and having talent spread all over different organizations over the years in mma meant we lost out on some potential classics.

I understand that the ufc holds all the cards and it appears that others need them, I also see the argument that if they have all the very best without question then why be protectionist and just prove the dominance essentially eliminating the competition.

From a business perspective, I get it but as a fan I would argue that there could be in the future and has been in the past, some great matches to make.

Only a random number of assholes pretend to care about the numbers. UFC is the premier org, and draws the bigger numbers, and therefore pays the bigger pay.

You people that try to get pretend that this isn’t so are a joke.

Back