UFC President Dana White has plans to broadcast UFC 267 on network television.

is there any hidden reason why a potential ppv went to air TV? the event is so shit Dana changed the format?
It's to see what kind of numbers a non-superstar driven ppv will do on network TV, for negotiating purposes. ESPN likely wants more live TV programming & they need to see what an average ppv would do on "free TV".

Come UFC 267, they'll be halfway through the 5-year exclusive rights deal for "Fight Nights".

BTW, the "shit event" you're referring to:
Jan vs Glover
Aljo vs Yan 2
Islam vs RDA
Khamzat vs The Leech

It's to see what kind of numbers a non-superstar driven ppv will do on network TV, for negotiating purposes. ESPN likely wants more live TV programming & they need to see what an average ppv would do on "free TV".

Come UFC 267, they'll be halfway through the 5-year exclusive rights deal for "Fight Nights".

BTW, the "shit event" you're referring to:
Jan vs Glover
Aljo vs Yan 2
Islam vs RDA
Khamzat vs The Leech

hmmm. i agree with the ESPN thing, they need more free TV. let's see what happens, on paper the matchups are interesting.

UFC going bankrupt after the GOAT has left the game
i

is there any hidden reason why a potential ppv went to air TV? the event is so shit Dana changed the format?
Gotta assume it is the time.

I would guess that the rich middle easterners paid for the UFC to have the event at an ideal local time, which is understandable. It is kind of fucked up that the UFC has done events where the main event happens at 5am local time to cater to the US PPV audience.

Can they make 265 free too? That card is a fight night at best

If it happens im calling Yan vs. Aljo moved to NY one week later

He should want as many on ABC as possible. PPV's aren't going to grow the sport as much as a free card will.

This is a win win for the UFC
TV will give them a good measuring stick for the brand and the fighters
PPV sales would be down for this because of the timing so not much is lost plus not paying the PPV points is a bonus

I been saying UFC should do this for champs who aren't popular to get more to tune in and get exposure.

UFC needs stop diluting their PPV's because 200k sales is not successful considering the fact that UFC at times gets 1-1.2 millions views on fight night.

This is a win win for the UFC
TV will give them a good measuring stick for the brand and the fighters
PPV sales would be down for this because of the timing so not much is lost plus not paying the PPV points is a bonus

They wouldn't have sold enough to hit the PPV points benchmark anyway, there's some good fighters on the card but they're not draws yet. Maybe putting a big event on free TV will help make them draws.

I can see why they want to. Early in the day likely hurts the idea of people wanting to buy it. As most people aren't going to have time for 5 hour or whatever ufc card in the middle of the day. But putting it on free network tv will entice a lot of people to throw it on even if they can't watch the whole thing which could pop a big rating.

Back