Cormier could have retired after beating Stipe and been the HW GOAT

Swepingright

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He had everything to lose, nothing to gain by taking the rematch. His legacy status got instead pushed down a nod.

Just because crybaby Stipe wanted it doesn't mean Cormier has to give it

I call it the dumbest decision in UFC history

He had everything to lose, nothing to gain by taking the rematch. His legacy status got instead pushed down a nod.

No, but he wanted to.

They were 1-1 and DC ain't going out like that. We should respect fighters for actually fighting instead avoiding it.

It's the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship and even though it's kinda becoming a little less about that, we still want fighters to fight.

DC only had what 4 relevant wins at heavyweight? This doesnt qualify him as the greatest heavyweight of all time. Not to downplay the rest of his fights of course
No but Stipe does.

Dana declared: whoever wins is the GOAT

No, but he wanted to.

They were 1-1 and DC ain't going out like that. We should respect fighters for actually fighting instead avoiding it.

It's the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship but it's becoming the less about that.

I wrote when he beat Stipe, meaning it was 1-0

No, not HW goat at that point, but had he stayed at HW instead of messing around at LHW during his prime he probably would have become the goat over time.

DC is great, but no. He still had a ways to go to surpass Fedor. Great career though, and DC’s HW resume is much better than his LHW resume.

DC is great, but no. He still had a ways to go to surpass Fedor. Great career though, and DC’s HW resume is much better than his LHW resume.

Fedor didn't fight in the UFC. By that logic Michael Venom Page is a hall of famer

DC only had what 4 relevant wins at heavyweight? This doesnt qualify him as the greatest heavyweight of all time. Not to downplay the rest of his fights of course

If you are a natural HW, beat the best, and beat 99.9% in a lower weight class, you are the HW GOAT IMO.

Nah this is #1 bullshit. He'd go down as a great but he had his best days at 205. You're not going to go up, beat the HW champ, retire without defending and call yourself the #1 of all time.

People would have just defaulted back to Fedor as #1.

Well for starters DCs a fatass MW, didn't beat the best at HW, and didnt beat 99.9 percent of the lower weight class ether so now I'm starting to think your retarded

He beat 99.9% of the people he faced below HW dumbass

But in hindsight it’s a good thing he did because it showed that the first fight was more of a fluke and that Stipe was the better fighter and more deserving of G.O.A.T. status.

Fedor didn't fight in the UFC. By that logic Michael Venom Page is a hall of famer
Pride was bigger than UFC back then.
And even when UFC cross-promoting with them, the pride champs would usually destroy the UFC champs.

Pride promoters were dumb in how they invest their money and went bankrupt.

He beat 99.9% of the people he faced below HW dumbass
you suck that math.

This "HW GOAT" is bullshit since any of these elite fighters can at any given night beat the other. How is stipe considered the HW GOAT when he lost to fucking Struve? :D

Back