Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

Swepingright

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These are the two strongest pure combat sport athletes in history in my opinion. Ngannou basically Tkoed Stipe with a jab and picked up Shaquille oneall with a smile on his face. It wasn't even a challenge.

Who is stronger?

These are the two strongest pure combat sport athletes in history in my opinion. Ngannou basically Tkoed Stipe with a jab and picked up Shaquille oneall with a smile on his face. It wasn't even a challenge.

Who is stronger?
its literally not even close, karelin by a long shot. frank is a big guy that hits hard af but karelin is literally on an entire dif level of strength

Ngannou has both. And no it's not totally different. There is a very close correlation.
Not at all

There are plenty of elite boxers known for their power that wouldn't be able to outlift your average gym bro

Someone who is insanely strong in lifting weight is also more likely to be stiffer when it comes to explosive movements

We haven't seen Ngannou's strength on display outside of ko power and we haven't seen Karelin punch or kick. What do they bench, squat, deadlift?

Not at all

There are plenty of elite boxers known for their power that wouldn't be able to outlift your average gym bro

Someone who is insanely strong in lifting weight is also more likely to be stiffer when it comes to explosive movements

Not true. Fast twitching muscles and isometric strength is strongly correlated.

See here a perfect example of that

Extremely unlikely that Francis is as strong as Karelin was.

Karelin had extraordinary strength, few ever have that kind of power. Francis is a hard sluggin' dude, but not anything like Karelin.

We haven't seen Ngannou's strength on display outside of ko power and we haven't seen Karelin punch or kick. What do they bench, squat, deadlift?

Karelins supposed bench press is 704 Lb, which would put him in the elites if true.

I don't have any numbers on Ngannou but he would be close

Back