Is there a solution to the problem of Holding Someone against the cage to win?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The issue being that controlling someone against the cage is winning the fight because you are imposing your will on the other person.

he doesn’t want to be held against the cage. You have the ability to hold him there.

So you have to be the winner of the round.

Fight back if you can.

Controlling a killer like Sandhagen or Masvidal in Usman 1, or any other fight is a feat.

Even if there’s no damage. Imposing yo ur will is winning.

I don’t know if it proves who the better fighter is though.

Is there a solution to this?

Breaking them up or standing them up is not cool as it interrupts the natural flow of the fight.

Remember when "imposing your will" was a common phrase? Randy was a "master gameplanner" bc of his ability to do so

If you are in a position you don't want to be in, do something to change the situation.

Reverse toe-stomping?

DiscreteFantasticAidi-size_restricted.gif

I'm not too bothered by it, but it does indeed ruin the occasional (otherwise) good match. I don't see what you have against ref's separating them. That's the perfect, most simple and straight-forward solution to what you're complaining about. And is doesn't "stops the flow" of the fight, it re-STARTS the flow of the fights.

The issue being that controlling someone against the cage is winning the fight because you are imposing your will on the other person.

he doesn’t want to be held against the cage. You have the ability to hold him there.

Fight back if you can.

Controlling a killer like Sandhagen or Masvidal in Usman 1, or any other fight is a feat.

Breaking them up or standing them up is not cool as it interrupts the natural flow of the fight.
Casuals going to casual.

Fill all the cage holes with tennis balls.
I'll roll with this concept - air bags, random fans in the audience are assigned a trigger to each air bag. The corresponding fan gets to make the call, so a purist might leave it but a drunk Woo-Booer will detonate it almost instantly. Prelims with empty stands will still be victim to said holding but the main event fights will have coverage. While the person with their back on the cage takes the brunt of the damage, as they are the one being controlled, it definitely moves the pair off the fence with ACTION unlike said ref stoppage. Or perhaps a pressure sensitive timed air bag and take the fans out of it, but that would be less fun.

Fight back if you can.

You are looking at this with striking perspective only.

From wrestling perspective, if you throw your opponent outside of the limited area of wrestling, you get a point, it's the same in Sumo iirc.

In MMA, you don't even get a point for doing that, despite being it ''Mix Martial Arts'', which includes wrestling, not only striking, so if they said if you throw your opponent outside of the cage you would get a point, then wrestlers would be even more dominant in MMA but they don't want that.

If they fight for putting someone in some location that the other fighter doesn't want to be, then that's imposing your will, imagine there is a jail, and I am single handedly carrying a guy on my own, pushing him through to that jail, and putting him there all by myself and then I am getting out from that jail, locking the guy and leave.

That's how you dominate someone, you don't need to hit someone's chin or behind his ear to KO him always, you can dominate via wrestling too.

Back