Examples of guys who always fall apart when a fight becomes a brawl?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I’ve been watching up on some early boxing fight and I’ve noticed a tendency where some people can fight effectively regardless of whether it’s a boxing match or a “fight” and some crumble under it and get KTFO if it stays like that for too long.

For MMA guys like Dustin, Eddie, Justin can brawl with the best of them no problem but are their any examples of guys who have never really gotten over that hurdle of being in a brawl and that being a huge issue throughout their career?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Kampmann. Did very well against Daley/Sanchez/Condit until they just said fuck it.

Gus. Picked DC and Jones apart at first, but they just went aggressive on him and exposed his run away/back turn style. Rumble stalked his ass down too.

Overeems chin hated brawls so much he had to change his entire style to specifically avoid brawls but still KO his opponents.

Rory was winning against Condit and Lawler (first fight) until they just made it a brawl.

Nope. Only when he's gassed af gives the illusion that he can't handle an exchange. When he and Nate were both gassed in second fight he kept throwing 50% powershots and Diaz was initiating the clinches.

Yea fair point.

Nope. Only when he's gassed af gives the illusion that he can't handle an exchange. When he and Nate were both gassed in second fight he kept throwing 50% powershots and Diaz was initiating the clinches.

He was literally running from Nate to get some space.

He was literally running from Nate to get some space.

Well okay. I don't think Conor crumbles in the sense that he isn't able to take one, give one. Most fighters are not fighting sustained, in-the-pocket brawls. Not even the Diaz bros, Lauzon, Jung.

I think there are better examples of guys who just fold or can't take it. Hardly can end the thread like that :p

Back