What do we make of Baghdadaryan?

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He lost in the MMA debut and instantly retired, but then returned to the sport five years later after losing in kickboxing...
Are we doubting if he's tough enough to make it? Or should we hype this guy?

Melsik%20Baghdasaryan%20punches%20Dennis%20Buzukja%20in%20a%20featherweight%20bout%20during%20week%20five%20of%20Dana%20White%27s%20Contender%20Series.jpg

I don’t have an opinion on the Armenia Azerbaijan conflict.

Ohh wait this is about a fighter. Yee he’s cool.

Not sure if he have the TDD/Grappling. He seems a little lost in that Muay Thai Clinch, had me thinking of Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva for a second there.

But his striking though, I'm too is pretty stoked about his striking. Almost flawless tactics. The last kick was.. wow. Quite disappointed he didn't get performance of the night.

To me he seemed to be taking a ton of damage, and was content losing until he wasn't finally. I dunno. I am an idiot. I think he was on the way to losing that fight, but Derrick Lewis is the same way, and it works for him so...

If he can learn to sprawl and brawl and force mma fighters to strike with him he could make some noise..

Sherdog logic: UFC fills fight night cards with trash fighters. Melsik fought on fight night card. Ergo Melsik is a trash fighter.

He's a very aggressive guy with dynamite in his hands and feet. He's a problem for anyone in the division.

Not sure if he have the TDD/Grappling. He seems a little lost in that Muay Thai Clinch, had me thinking of Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva for a second there.

But his striking though, I'm too is pretty stoked about his striking. Almost flawless tactics. The last kick was.. wow. Quite disappointed he didn't get performance of the night.
umm...

He just broke that dude in my opinion. That hard style will get him in trouble eventually but it was very gaethje like. Full power barrage until the fights over

I feel like every fighter whose name is also a place really pops off.

For sure he has very good striking. It’s hard to take anything away from last night’s fight though. His opponent looked like someone who’s frat broze dared him to take a UFC fight and he didn’t want to let them down.

Baghdad Aryan is very explosive name. I like him.

To me he seemed to be taking a ton of damage, and was content losing until he wasn't finally. I dunno. I am an idiot. I think he was on the way to losing that fight, but Derrick Lewis is the same way, and it works for him so...
I thought he was winning the fight tbh.

Also: TS, how are you gonna make a thread about a prospect and not even spell his name right?

Back