Uriah Halls punching technique

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone notice how barely any of Halls punches looked like that of a top level fighter apart from a few jabs here and there? His punches looked like some guy just got up off the couch. No technique to them what so ever and I remember thinking that Hall is normally a super technical guy who’s main problem is his tenacity and grit, but here he was throwing weird scooping punches that had seemingly zero power. This was in the first round too so it’s not like it was a symptom of fatigue

pre fight interview he said its just a job , i was very dissapointed to hear someone at that level think its just a paycheck :(

Uriah carries himself very well, that being said father time is knocking, especially for his style. Almost time to open a new door in life, he just has to accept that and move on to the next chapter.

Nice guy but too much of a head case. I don’t need to see Hall fight again.

I've always been surprised at how bad his boxing is. For such "great stand up fighter" he doesn't have very good hands.

Strickland has very good striking defense and its getting better. He is also pretty tall/rangy, uses that well too.

I wonder if the previous training/spars got in his head. Cause Uriah was saying that Sean not that fun to spar with (goes 100%). And when he seen Sean again Sean would ask to spar and Uriah be like, no thanks.

I know from experience if you are very technical and prefer technical sparring (30-60%) then going with someone that doesnt hold back can be frustrating.

Also, I've noticed the folks that dont have restraint, and like to go hard, arent super technical. So there is def a relation.

I and I will say that the person going hard can also throw the more technical guy “off”, so theres that.

Back