Media Dana White owes AJ McKee LUNCH

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
November 2020:

A.J. McKee was 13 years old when he met UFC president Dana White for the first time.

“Dana knows what’s up. Dana’s gonna owe me lunch soon,” McKee recently told MMA Junkie Radio. “I had a bet with him that I was gonna be a world champ when I was a little kid. He probably don’t remember, but Dana’s gonna owe me lunch as soon as I get my belt.”

It was 2008 at a massive youth wrestling tournament in which the UFC collaborated with organizers, and White was in attendance. McKee was there with his father, Antonio, who was still fighting at the time. McKee remembers “Rampage” Jackson taking him into the backstage area where he saw a stack of free Xbox giveaway passes for the kids competing, so he took some. According to McKee, White saw and said something to him about it, which led to McKee telling White that he would one day be a world champion. If that happened, lunch was on White.

[..]

And if McKee wins that first world championship next year?

“I’m gonna want that lunch for sure, Dana, as soon as I get this belt.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...eks-1-million-dollar-paydays-dana-white-lunch
----------------------------------
Aug 13, 2016:

He also tells the story here somewhat. Says Meeting Dana White was not a good encounter. He was trying to get xbox live cards and dana white was yelling at him saying he couldn't be back there.

July 2021:

ajmckeechamp.gif

Last edited:
A.J. McKee was 13 years old when he met UFC president Dana White for the first time.

“Dana knows what’s up. Dana’s gonna owe me lunch soon,” McKee recently told MMA Junkie Radio. “I had a bet with him that I was gonna be a world champ when I was a little kid. He probably don’t remember, but Dana’s gonna owe me lunch as soon as I get my belt.”

It was 2008 at a massive youth wrestling tournament in which the UFC collaborated with organizers, and White was in attendance. McKee was there with his father, Antonio, who was still fighting at the time. McKee remembers “Rampage” Jackson taking him into the backstage area where he saw a stack of free Xbox giveaway passes for the kids competing, so he took some. According to McKee, White saw and said something to him about it, which led to McKee telling White that he would one day be a world champion. If that happened, lunch was on White.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...eks-1-million-dollar-paydays-dana-white-lunch
If he can get him out of his Bellator contract he could give him a lot more than lunch. That was a brutal performance, thought it might have been a little too soon for him but man was that impressive. Be interesting to see if he goes up to fight Pitbull at 155 now, I'd assume he will.

Would love to see him in the ufc to prove whether he's the best FW or not.

LOL
I hope Dana buys him the lunch.
That would be pretty funny.

When is AJ's contract up in Bellator?

LOL
I hope Dana buys him the lunch.
That would be pretty funny.
Nah, remember, he "doesn't know who Pitbull is", so with that logic, he won't know McKee either.

I believe Bellator had a clause preventing active champs from crossing over to other promotions, not sure how it is now.

Also the potential of a Nike/UA/Monster other known brand sponsor is high for AJ. He should milk it while he can before signing to UFC.

The real next generation

MMA fighters raised and trained by fathers who were MMA fighters themselves.

Dana needs to figure this out, KZ vs AJ, Ortega vs AJ, MAX vs AJ, too many great fights we may never see.

McKee won't get his lunch...someone get a pink belt ready for Dana!

Back