Uriah Didn't Give Up

I might bake him a cookie

Better than Conor tho

My point is, it wasn't a mental thing like he gave up or something. He tried.

He just lost to the better fighter.

It was actually nice to see him go out there and put in his best effort. It just wasn't enough.

He got outworked by the better boxer but he didn't give up.

8ec2678709.gif

It's very rare when a quitter quits quiting.
He made it to the Wizard of Oz it would seem.

He got outworked by the better boxer but he didn't give up.
Yeah, now if Uriah had decided to do what he is best at - kicking - it might have been a more interesting fight.

He let strickland dictate the whole bloody thing

Yeah, now if Uriah had decided to do what he is best at - kicking - it might have been a more interesting fight.

He let strickland dictate the whole bloody thing

It was more like Sean took the fight.

It's hard to get kicks off when a guy is on you the whole time. Plus Uriah landed a few good kicks but the rest were checked. Probably made him think "I don't wanna do that again" especially after the Weidman fight.

Uriah's problem has never been quitting. It's been leaving 2nd gear.

He was trying. It's just that even when he turned it up, Sean was already at a higher gear.

Plus Sean's defense is good. A lot of Uriah's strikes couldn't land clean on him.

Is Hall the most consistently inconsistent fighter? he created a HUGE amount of hype with his TUF spinning kick KO, then ends up losing to Kelvin, no shame in that, beats Moussasi, beats Weidman, its been on and off for years.

It was more like Sean took the fight.

It's hard to get kicks off when a guy is on you the whole time. Plus Uriah landed a few good kicks but the rest were checked. Probably made him think "I don't wanna do that again" especially after the Weidman fight.
Hall had opportunities to throw kicks. And if he would just feint into kicks, or use his punches to set up kicks, then he might actually have some success.

Is Hall the most consistently inconsistent fighter? he created a HUGE amount of hype with his TUF spinning kick KO, then ends up losing to Kelvin, no shame in that, beats Moussasi, beats Weidman, its been on and off for years.
Agree with this. Said it before the fight and have to agree after. Its like some fights he looks lost mentally.

Back