Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"co-
prefix
Definition of co- (Entry 5 of 5)

1: with : together : joint : jointlycoexistcoheir
2: in or to the same degree"

Co-main suggests that the bout is of equal importance or significance to the main event. In the case of cards with multiple title fights, that's the correct usage of the term co main.

This card doesn't have a co-main. It has a second last fight between two fighters with a UFC record of 0-1. That's not a co-main and I wish they'd stop calling every second last fight a co-main.

What other cards had fights that shouldn't have been called co-mains?

What’s the co main event for the Lewis vs Gane PPV card?

Fight nights don’t have co main events. Only PPVs do. I thought this was common knowledge?

"co-
prefix

Co-main suggests that the bout is of equal importance or significance to the main event. In the case of cards with multiple title fights, that's the correct usage of the term co main.

This card doesn't have a co-main. It has a second last fight between two fighters with a UFC record of 0-1. That's not a co-main and I wish they'd stop calling every second last fight a co-main.

As noted in the pbp thread, this is the 5th fight that was labeled co main. The original was supposed to be a #1 contender fight between Askarov and Perez

I swear y’all get so triggered over nothing. All this because the fighters are women? Get some goddamn help

It doesn’t fucking matter what they call it.

What do women have to do with it?

And I agree with your second point - it doesn't matter what they call it, so just call it what it is, just another fight

"co-
prefix

The Co-main gives them insurance for if the main is cancelled. It more about saying the fight is as good as a main.

So...?
I call ur mom my baby, you have a problem with that too?

Just looked at the card and Uraih hall was literally the only 'fighter' i had ever heard of

Back