Was Poirer 3 bout Conor worse than Khabib and Poirer 2 bouts Conor?

Tevfik1907

Being P4P No.1 = GOAT Requirement
Banned
Reaction score
Conor at least;

2018/10
-Won the 3rd round against Khabib (when Khabib 10-8ed him in the second round and won the first round with 10-9 despite Conor's cheatings, then Khabib took a break in the 3rd round but still, it wasn't that bad that Conor still managed to won a round in a close decision against Khabib).

2020/01
-Won the fight against Cerrone in the first round with ease, but nevermind this, Cerrone wasn't at the top level of LWs at the time.

2021/01
-Won the 1st round against Poirer in the Poirer 2 bout.

Is Poirer 3 bout Conor is the worst version of Conor that we've seen based on he couldn't even won the first round?

I at least thought that he could win the first round again, but then Poirer wins the rest or finishes, but he couldn't even do that in Poirer 3 fight.

The guy wasted his energy outside of the fight with nonsense talks, yes that worked against others before, but it wasn't going to work against the guy that KOed him only 6 months ago.

And he also talked about having injuries on his leg before the fight, he ridiculously tried leg kicks and as a result of it, he broke his leg, and the round was 10-9 before breaking his leg, due to the last 10 seconds leg break, Poirer 10-8ed him, and could've finished him.

During the first round Poirer even forced Conor to shoot a takedown, it was that bad;

PlaintiveHappygoluckyDragon-size_restricted.gif

''Oh you're a wrestler now?''

It could be also said that;

- Because Conor v Poirer 3 bout Poirer was better than he was in Poirer 2 bout too,

But in 6 months, what Poirer could've changed that he suddenly become good enough to win the first round this time?

Perhaps Poirer was more confident than ever since this time Poirer knew that he KOed Conor before, and he knew that his chin is good enough to take Conor's best shots, so that could also make Poirer more confident ever against Conor in the third fight,

But I don't think that could be a big factor, I believe this Conor was the worst version of Conor in the Poirer 3 fight.

why do people keep saying he tried to wrestle Poirier?

he ducked a left hook and clinched so he wasn't backed against the cage

He looked terrible and panic stricken fight iq flushed down the toilet

Conor at least;

2018/10
-Won the 3rd round against Khabib (when Khabib 10-8ed him in the second round and won the first round with 10-9 despite Conor's cheatings, then Khabib took a break in the 3rd round but still, it wasn't that bad that Conor still managed to won a round in a close decision against Khabib).

Wait....did you say that Conor Khabib was a close decision????

why do people keep saying he tried to wrestle Poirier?

Because he did

Won the 3rd against Khabib lol guy fought a wrestler who strikes with his eyes closed and caused 0 damage.

Confused by how that question was phrased? Bottom line Conor is a shot fighter at this point. He is still pretty young but he just doesn’t have it anymore. He literally looked good against Dustin for about 35 seconds and then all downhill.

Title of this thread fucked me up srs, had to click it

Probably, he came out way too aggressive. Conor used to be great because of his counter striking and letting people run into his shots. Lately he has become the aggressor and I don't know why. He is so much better at countering then leading and attacking first.

Back