What's more important when it comes to being a MMA GOAT? How many you've beaten or who you've beaten

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
We all have different opinions on what and who an MMA GOAT is. What do you think is more important?

Beating undefeated like Khabib and Jon?

Having a few Ls but beating the best of the best in their division like Silva, GSP, BJ,Fedor, Etc

Last edited:
How long you’re at the top is the most important because people are always trying to be better than you and film study you.

When MM won the UFC belt Henry hadn’t started his mma career yet.

I strongly believe khabib could have been a guy like that. But eventually some young, hungry upstart will have been training for you since the beginning of his career to dethrone you

Clay Guida is the unsung GOAT of the LW division.

Does he have a lot of losses?
Yes
Is his resume incredible at the same time?
Yes

Guida may actually be cardio-heavy style of fighting LW GOAT.

Most tequila cazadores spirit awards

of course who you have beaten is the main component of greatness otherwise 200-0 jail and street fights Daniel Rodriguez would be number 1 GOAT. In saying that you can't be 8-0 and be the GOAT if you have 8 killers on your resume.

How long you’re at the top is the most important because people are always trying to be better than you and film study you.

When MM won the UFC belt Henry hadn’t started his mma career yet.

I strongly believe khabib could have been a guy like that. But eventually some young, hungry upstart will have been training for you since the beginning of his career to dethrone you
Yeah, that's why Khabib isn't the GOAT, it gets way harder once you start fighting the next generation of guys

Fighting without having been done for peds 25 times.

Unlike 'Jon'.
Peds and struggling during your last 4 fights, while been in your prime, should kick you out of the GOAT discussion. <Fedor23>
Nobody even brought Jon up lol, you can say he should be disqualified for A,B,C, but resume wise he is the GOAT. And let's be honest, most of these guys are probably on PEDs.

Having a couple losses should not tarnish your legacy.

It only does when Shertards cherry pick someone a fighter lost to, and then hammer on that.

“Fedor got knocked out by a middleweight.”

“Stipe got finished by Struve, in his prime.”

Title defenses are the biggest thing, second is who you beat while defending the title

I don't really care much about losses when it comes to guys like GSP, or Anderson

I don't really believe title defenses should matter as much. Some people get title shots much quicker than others while both simultaneously winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back