Would the UFC ever cut Conor?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I saw in another thread a poster say that Conor is one loss away from being cut by the UFC but I doubt that they would ever cut him. Curious what others think.

Only when he stops bringing money for the promotion.

For as long as people tune in, whether to see him win or to see him getting killed, they won't care.

One thing Conor was right in his fight against Khabib. This is not personal... it is only business.

Nope. Even when he loses he's a draw.

That said, his next round of contract negotiations with the UFC should prove interesting.

Only when he does not bring money anymore.

+juan.

UFC will never let him go as long as they can squeeze coin out of him or use him for promotion.

But I see him retire soon anyway

Maybe if Disney/ESPN/WME tell Dana to get rid of him, otherwise nope. FatRedBald is too much of a money-cuck to have principles at this point.

Conor will always get rematches until he wins.

They'll keep him around. He could turn out to be a sadistic rapist and his idiotic fanbase would still defend him.

I don't think there's any chance he'd join another organisation, he'd 100% promote his own fights imo.
Yes, but he'd probably cross promote with somebody to have access to some fighters which would be a huge boon to that organization. If not, unless he just boxes who would he fight? Dan Hardy?

Maybe if he actually killed someone.

But i´m not so sure

There are 2 reasons why they would cut him
He literally kills someone on video or
He becomes unprofitable

Never, one win and he is back in the title picture.
In his current case, one leg break and he is possibly in the picture for a title shot, should Dusting beat Charles

I really don’t think Conor will be a big draw for much longer. There is only so much promotion that the UFC and Conor can do, at the end of the day you actually have to win fights. If he ends up with a 1-5 record in his last 6 i doubt even the biggest Conor fan is going to tune in anymore. His fights aren’t even exciting at this point, he isn’t going to knock anyone out so it’s just him getting dominated the whole time or gassing out after 2 rounds.

Back