Dana White's Biggest Mistake?

mmafan988

Joe Son's Thong
@Blue
Reaction score
Not taking advantage of Tebow Mania back in '11-12 era when he was the most popular athlete in America. Think what Brock Lesnar did for the UFC, now think that but on steroids.

If you recall Tebow took the Broncos to playoff victories as a backup and became the most talked about athlete during this time. What most people didn't know or don't even know now is that Tebow was a huge MMA fan and actually trained MMA including BJJ.

I believe I made a post on Sherdog about Tebow during this time and how Dana should sign him ASAP. I personally think it's Dana White's #1 career mistake/missed opportunity. Just imagine how many MILLIONS of UFC fans Tebow could have created and potentially sustained. They could have built him up like Lesnar or Slice (was too late for Slice in his career to turn full UFC star but Dana tried).

Tebow weighs 255, he could have gained muscle and fought HW or dropped some pounds and fought LHW which during this time of the UFC were popular divisions.

I always reflect back on this and how White just completely dropped the ball here. I also think he dropped the ball on letting women fightin the UFC (also made a post on this). At least he figured that one out. As I write this post, Tebow is 33 years old and is trying out of the Jaqs as a tight end. He is still a beast.

What do you guys think? I have nothing against Dana. He is one awesome dude and has done so much for the UFC, I just can't believe he didn't think to grab Tebow (considering he got Brock).

3dfebc1264034b297bfdfbc1c8c115ed.jpg

Some sources:

(straight from NFL.com): https://www.nfl.com/news/tim-tebow-does-mma-training-with-gracie-jiu-jitsu-09000d5d82a58f5c

Buying Pride. Imagine how much more exciting MMA would be today if we still had both UFC and Pride

Dana wanted to focus on the US. He needed star power. He had it for awhile: Chuck Lidell, Shamrock, Hughes, Penn, GSP, Coulture, Ortiz, then Lesnar (which was his best sign yet). If you go back and look at all the pay per view numbers, Lesnar dominates the charts. Tebow could have doubled those numbers!

I don't think buying Pride would have helped. At the time only hard core mma'ers even knew about Pride.

Dana needed stars and needed a way to sustain them and consistently find them. Just to recap, at one point the UFC's (and maybe even all of MMA) biggest star was a female. That's how bad it got (nothing against female athletes) but yea

Not taking advantage of Tebow Mania back in '11-12 era when he was the most popular athlete in America. Think what Brock Lesnar did for the UFC, now think that but on steroids.

If you recall Tebow took the Broncos to playoff victories as a backup and became the most talked about athlete during this time. What most people didn't know or don't even know now is that Tebow was a huge MMA fan and actually trained MMA including BJJ.

I believe I made a post on Sherdog about Tebow during this time and how Dana should sign him ASAP. I personally think it's Dana White's #1 career mistake/missed opportunity. Just imagine how many MILLIONS of UFC fans Tebow could have created and potentially sustained. They could have built him up like Lesnar or Slice (was too late for Slice in his career to turn full UFC star but Dana tried).

Tebow weighs 255, he could have gained muscle and fought HW or dropped some pounds and fought LHW which during this time of the UFC were popular divisions.

I always reflect back on this and how White just completely dropped the ball here. I also think he dropped the ball on letting women fightin the UFC (also made a post on this). At least he figured that one out. As I write this post, Tebow is 33 years old and is trying out of the Jaqs as a tight end. He is still a beast.

What do you guys think? I have nothing against Dana. He is one awesome dude and has done so much for the UFC, I just can't believe he didn't think to grab Tebow (considering he got Brock).

3dfebc1264034b297bfdfbc1c8c115ed.jpg

Some sources:

(straight from NFL.com): https://www.nfl.com/news/tim-tebow-does-mma-training-with-gracie-jiu-jitsu-09000d5d82a58f5c

I dont know why you americans are always so excited when you see a big man with muscles.
You always assume he is the next big thing.
Why is that ?

I dont know why you americans are always so excited when you see a big man with muscles.
Why is that ?

Tebow wasn't just a dude with muscles. However to answer your question, that's one of the things that makes us different. It's our culture to want to see jacked up dudes. That's why Arnold came over to the states. He made a career out of just his muscles, lol. Tebow isn't HUGE like Lesnar though. If he would have got signed back in 2011-2012 I'm sure he would have gained more muscle though than he did in his NFL career. Since he played qb, he didn't lift as much. QBs normally don't lift as much as other positions.

Tebow in MMA, WTF are you thinking.

The biggest mistake Dana made was not buying sheepdog and shutting it down, these posts are just stupid already.

Tebow in MMA, WTF are you thinking.

The biggest mistake Dana made was not buying sheepdog and shutting it down, these posts are just stupid already.

Maybe he gets a good laugh lurking here? That's why I stay.<45>

Why is that ?
I'm an american and I don't understand it either. This is the GOAT in his prime.

upload_2021-7-31_6-14-9.jpeg

Why is that ?

Thats not true just look at how many millions of Americans would line up get on knees and kiss the unwiped ass of this old dumbass diaper wearing fat slob.
donald-trump-opens-red-tiger-golf-course-at-trump-national-doral-featuring-ETBDPY.jpg

Not being swallowed by his mother.

Biggest mistake was not making bobby lashley vs brock in mma, but all them hard drugs like cocaine doesn't do you any favors in making the right decision.

Back