Guide to who is an actual casual

WarFan90

I'm not a rat, I'm a turtle, a ninja turtle.
@purple
Reaction score
This has been coming up a lot lately. I think we should put down some ground rules. Im going to break it down into 2 areas. Things that automatically make you a casual, and things that you need to check off to verify you are not a casual.

-Things that automatically make you a casual.

In my opinion if you check any of these boxes you are a casual.

You only care about one fighter and only watch events they are on like conor or Ronda or brock fans.

You aren't interested in EVERY title fight. Even the female title fights have a little allure to me now but as a whole no where near the mens divisions.

You can't name the champion of every mens division at all times, and who they took the title from. You should be able to trace the title for a while off the top of your head(interim champs and retiring throws this off a bit but you get the point)

You watch less than 100 fights per year (I dont care if live but maybe you get a bonus for that)

-Things that verify you are not a casual

You watch full events every time you have the opportunity.

You have or do train in combat sports regularly and dont check any of the casual boxes/have a perspective from multiple disciplines.

You know the base discipline of the vast majority of ufc fighters (I know we are getting to the point of fighters being baseless but I mean in general)

You care about other organizations outside the ufc.

-There's so many more I could add but I really want to see what others would add/remove. I always see time requirements and I disagree wholly if you became a fan a year ago and have watched 1000 fights since vs somebody who has been watching for 10 years and seen 500 how are you better.

Tell me what I missed or you think should qualify/disqualify you as a casual.

giphy.webp

lol @ wmma title fights. only when ronda was finishing cans in seconds it was somehow enjoyable.
today? meh ill skip any wmma defense so i guess im just a casual

MMA fans are loser, myself included. I wish I was a casual but I’m ashamed to say I’m heavily invested in this embarrassing sport.

The fact that TS has to create a thread differentiating hardcore fans from casual fans shows how trash the fanbase is. Like dude, you spent time and energy coming up with that… Really?

The tattoo "UFC" on your dick (while erect it obviously reads Ultimate Fighting Championship) = not casual
If that is a requirement I'll hit up my tattoo guy now

MMA fans are loser, myself included. I wish I was a casual but I’m ashamed to say I’m heavily invested in this embarrassing sport.

The fact that TS has to create a thread differentiating hardcore fans from casual fans shows how trash the fanbase is. Like dude, you spent time coming up with that… Really?
I didn't come up with it I just dont like the arbitrary use of the word

This has been coming up a lot lately. I think we should put down some ground rules. Im going to break it down into 2 areas. Things that automatically make you a casual, and things that you need to check off to verify you are not a casual.

-Things that automatically make you a casual.

In my opinion if you check any of these boxes you are a casual.

You only care about one fighter and only watch events they are on like conor or Ronda or brock fans.

You aren't interested in EVERY title fight. Even the female title fights have a little allure to me now but as a whole no where near the mens divisions.

You can't name the champion of every mens division at all times, and who they took the title from. You should be able to trace the title for a while off the top of your head(interim champs and retiring throws this off a bit but you get the point)

You watch less than 100 fights per year (I dont care if live but maybe you get a bonus for that)

-Things that verify you are not a casual

You watch full events every time you have the opportunity.

You have or do train in combat sports regularly and dont check any of the casual boxes/have a perspective from multiple disciplines.

You know the base discipline of the vast majority of ufc fighters (I know we are getting to the point of fighters being baseless but I mean in general)

You care about other organizations outside the ufc.

-There's so many more I could add but I really want to see what others would add/remove. I always see time requirements and I disagree wholly if you became a fan a year ago and have watched 1000 fights since vs somebody who has been watching for 10 years and seen 500 how are you better.

Tell me what I missed or you think should qualify/disqualify you as a casual.

Add creating dumb threads like yours to the hallmarks of a casual

lol @ wmma title fights. only when ronda was finishing cans in seconds it was somehow enjoyable.
today? meh ill skip any wmma defense so i guess im just a casual
I'm not a huge fan either but there has been a couple that were enjoyable. They are kind of like a Boston cream donut in that i can be pleasantly surprised that it's not just a chocolate donut.

If you never got into a brawl with a delivery driver for showing up in the middle of a round.
Hahaha dude I made a pizza driver wait at my door for 5+ minutes during jon jones vs rashad he was not happy

Back