Is Nick Diaz broke or he really has the desire to fight?

Joss

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Although I am a fan of Nick Diaz I am not overly convinced that we will see a great performance from him. His released footage from training, his appereance - im not too sold. He does triathlons tho, so his physical shape should be more or less OK.

What do you guys think? I have mixed feelings about this.
Discuss.

Yea I doubt he's broke. Him and nate have multiple business ventures from bud bjj, nate is still fighting and getting paid well and they're extremely close

Cmon.

He's broke, and it's not going to be pretty.

OTOH, Lawler's best days are behind him too, so who knows how this shit goes down.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as Chuck v Tito. But it won't be Diaz v Penn either (look at that, I just put Diaz v Penn on a pedestal, wow)

Not sure where this narrative came from that people make a lot of money at one point and then stop wanting to make money ever again.
Its basically what I asked - is he fighting because he wants and needs the money or is there something else to it too. If there isn’t this is going to look bad. At least Robbie has a loss to avenge and he can sure as hell put a brutal beating to someone who isnt there from the first second.

He isn't broke. He is in the Marijuana industry. He likely is getting payed way more for this fight than almost any other fight in his career though so why not?

He generally always stays in shape and he hasn't taken damage in years so I think it is likely Nick is closer to his best than Lawler is.

The best career move the Diaz brothers ever made was to rarely fight. Their stock stayed high and they protected the (few) brain cells they have.

Though as a fan I really wish they would have been more active, feel like they "threw away" their prime. But why should they care, they get money fights to make up for it.

He isn't broke. He is in the Marijuana industry. He likely is getting payed way more for this fight than almost any other fight in his career though so why not?

He generally always stays in shape and he hasn't taken damage in years so I think it is likely Nick is closer to his best than Lawler is.
Yup thats one way to put it.
On the other hand I wouldnt say Lawler has looked bad in his last fights. He beat the shit out of Askren, then got wrestlefucked by two guys but the toll on his body there isn’t something like Ferguson has had in hist last fights or something. This could go either way, depending on which fighters show up, and thats what makes it exciting.

Yup thats one way to put it.
On the other hand I wouldnt say Lawler has looked bad in his last fights. He beat the shit out of Askren, then got wrestlefucked by two guys but the toll on his body there isn’t something like Ferguson has had in hist last fights or something. This could go either way, depending on which fighters show up, and thats what makes it exciting.
Lawler looked good against Askren, since then he hasn't and has been very hesitant to throw strikes.

Alot of people have trouble walking away from fighting because of the rush you get, the glory and paycheck.

Im sure Nick needs it. Hes a fighter to the core.

Doesn't he have all sorts of other income? His school seems to be doing well and he's always hocking the "herb".

If he wins and looks good doing it then this sets up a grudge match with maga masvidal; which would garner huge numbers and $$$ for him.

*weed legal for MMA fighters*
*Nick Diaz fight announced*

He just wants to blaze and praise the JBG.

Back