Merseyside Police confirm they are making enquiries about Darren Till

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagadot

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A number of posts on Darren Till's Instagram were reported to Merseyside Police after he was slammed online.

The UFC fighter, from Liverpool, was accused of encouraging homophobia and transphobia after sharing a number of memes and comments about gay and transgender people on Instagram.

An image mocking a 'pregnant' transgender woman having a baby scan appeared on Till's account on Monday, July 26, with the caption "have a good week everyone #positivity".

The post sparked more transphobic and homophobic comments before being condemned.

A number of people reported the posts to the ECHO and expressed their upset at the views being shared as a 'joke'.

One man described the image as "disgusting" while others stated their own disappointment.

The post was reported to Merseyside Police and a spokesperson from the force said "enquiries are ongoing".

After being approached for comment, Till posted a video on Instagram, he said: "As everyone knows I'm always posting very controversial things right, I'm never going to change ever, ever, ever.

"So the other day I posted this transgender meme, I thought it was funny and I knew it was going to get a backlash.

"I've actually got transgender friends, they thought it was hilarious.

"You can't cancel someone who doesn't give a s*** and I don't give a s***. But at the same time as well it's obviously the offended brigade."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...en-tills-instagram-posts-transgender-21180133

<1>

Huge if true

Till: "I've actually got transgender friends, they thought it was hilarious.

DkCLa_mXoAEOZQ9.jpg

Liverpool people are a weird bunch, dated a girl long distance at 16 and she told me she had dudes following her all the time there late and night and blah blah but shit I only liked her cause of her accent and she snorted like a pig when she laughed which was cute lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back