Has/Will anybody in mma win a "world title" in 3 different weight classes?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I wrote it that way cause I made this thread thinking of manny pacquiao who competed in 10 weight classes and won "world titles" in 8 weight classes, but as some of you lifeless fans know there are 5 major orgs in boxing that call their belt that and someone of them have more than one(super world champ).

Manny did not unify those 8 weight classes belts so I guess the equivalent would be somebody winning maybe a "pfl fw belt, bellator lw belt, and a ufc ww belt". Don't take this example super literally, this thread is not about manny and mma weight classes are a bigger weight gap jump from each other.

So has anybody done that? If not. Do you think it will happen someday?(winning them can be years apart with losses in between, doesn't matter, just so the title/question is even clearer)

Some things are greater than weight classes.

Sakuraba-2-r50.jpg

the only ones that might be able to do that will be either adesanya or usman

If DC could've snuck in a few Clen cycles he could've done it.

Ideally it'd be a an all rounder who beats the guy a weightclass down via grappling (since the slightly deterioriated chin and decreased speed relative to the smaller opponent wouldn't matter as much as in striking) while he'd beat the guy in the highest of the three divisions on the feet, as due to being smaller, he'd have a speed- and due to cutting no/less weight, a chin advantage.

One FC’s MW and LHW champion De Ridder has a chance if he moves to HW, but Ones heavier classes are a joke.

Cejudo might have a chance at winning the 145 belt against Volkanovski and its probably the only one with a real chance at 3 weight class belts, Conor wouldnt beat WW recent champions if he cant get past LW's, BJ Penn fought at 145 but he did it backwards and that was the end of his career where he wasnt even fighting for the belt, Nunes wouldnt make 125 and if she would she probably wont beat Valentina at 125 if she barely got a decision at 135 (i think Valentina won that).

Patricio Pitbull will win 135 gold at Bellator in the next couple years I reckon.

the only ones that might be able to do that will be either adesanya or usman

Usman isn't making 155 ever in his life and 205 has 6'4" 230lb guys at the top. Adesanya still has double champ potential but hard to see him beating the best HWs. Especially if Francis, Black Beast, or Gane are champs.

Anderson Silva was at some points in time the best WW, MW and LHW in the world. He was champ and #1 P4P in the early 00s as a WW, of course the MW champ in the UFC and unfortunately never fought the LHW champ pre-Jones which he certainly would have won. There's only one Anderson Silva.

I really thought GSP could be the one to do it when he was saying he wants to fight at LW, but that ship seems to have sailed now. I think he could have been the one to do it if he had fought for LW belt

GSP would have did it easily if the Bald Goof booked him Vs Khabib.

But no, don't think we will ever see it.

Easily? It would have been a tough ask if GSP was a natural LW but even more so given how hard it would be to cut at his age.

Titanium Conor will take all the belts and they will need a fooking army to get them off him.

Back