Romero vs Khabib if they were the same size who wins?

Bruce Lee666

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
images

images

CheerfulAngryInsect-max-1mb.gif

thoughts about who win The fight ?

Khabib, wins by UD.

Romero all day long,
every day of the week
and twice on Sunday !

Romero's world class wrestling never really reared it's head in his MMA career. Don't get me wrong, it was helpful; guys like Tim Kennedy couldn't hold him down, and he was able to move fast after getting someone hurt like he did against Machida, but he didn't really use it to dominate in fights. Whereas Khabib obviously did.

So could Khabib get a guy like that down and hold him down?

Ya, probably.

But mostly, I think Khabib's relentless attack would tire Romero out. Unless he gets KTFO'd in the process of course.

Khabib never fought a hard hitting, athletic wrestler. He never even fought a great striker with phenomenal takedown defense.

His best wins were
RDA (made a career of crumbling to wrestlers)
Conor (obviously sus defensive grappling)
Poirier ( lost to Castillo via wrestling, got Judo thrown all over the cage by Cub, was taken down multiple times by hooker)
Gaethje (remains to be seen but I suspect he gives up takedowns more often to guys now after we saw Khabib exploit his submission defense)

Romero is an Olympian.
DC was reluctant to fight him towards the end of his LHW run.

Romero would win.

Romero's world class wrestling never really reared it's head in his MMA career. Don't get me wrong, it was helpful; guys like Tim Kennedy couldn't hold him down, and he was able to move fast after getting someone hurt like he did against Machida, but he didn't really use it to dominate in fights. Whereas Khabib obviously did.

So could Khabib get a guy like that down and hold him down?

Ya, probably.

But mostly, I think Khabib's relentless attack would tire Romero out. Unless he gets KTFO'd in the process of course.
hjG2_v.gif

Romero TDD is God tier!!

I'd go with Romero, never seen anyone able to hold him down for more than a few seconds, and in standup position Khabib would get killed.

hjG2_v.gif

Romero TDD is God tier!!

He takedown defense isn't god tier, the guy got taken down alot, including vs Weidman in that fight. However no ever really was able to control him.

Unfortunately Yoel's cardio and striking defense were always suspect and while his striking can be tricky due to fighting off rhythm and also very explosive and oddly impetuous attacks and counters he still had low output, usually threw 1 and 2 strikes at a time and put himself out of position a lot. If Khabibs chin held up, he'd probably have a rough first 2 rounds and then begin to take over the fight more from there.

Khabib without question. Romero is that size and much more athletic and still didnt put up the performances or legacy. Khabib but with Yoels size would be a god.

if he were the same size khaboob would loose to romero , DC , stipe ,Jones , Ngannou and Gane

Khabib by pressure and not letting Romero blitz

Back