If Usman and Colby are using grappling/wrestling, who will dominate?

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
in the first bout it was a stand up fight, but what if both try to take each other down? who is the better grappler?

Discuss

Usman fell in love with the striking like 99% of wrestlers in MMA.

Colby by wrestlefuck

Grappling or wrestling? People sometimes use these terms interchangeably but they are two different things. BJJ or submissions is grappling and wresting is the TD and mat positioning/control aspect of the ground game.

When it comes to wrestling, they are similar skill wise but Usman had the edge due to strength and size. Colby got taken down multiple times by RDA and Usman will likely have an even easier time taking him down. Defensively, Usman’s is better as his TDD is 100%.

Grappling wise, neither of them is known for having high level BJJ. Usman has a black belt but you seldom see him go for subs. No idea about Colby’s grappling creds but he’s one of those guys who prefers to control you on the mat instead of working for subs.

Usman has more power, Colby has more cardio. So, the longer they grapple, the more I'd favor Colby, but I don't think Colby's submission game is as good as Usman's, so he might sub Colby early.

I don't know. But I'd love to see it! Who could overtake the other.

Grappling or wrestling? People sometimes use these terms interchangeably but they are two different things. BJJ or submissions is grappling and wresting is the TD and mat positioning/control aspect of the ground game.

No, wrestling and BJJ are both subsets of grappling. Just like punching and kicking are subsets of striking.

Usman will dominate if he can grapple and finish Colby quick. The longer it goes, the more I'd favor Colby in grappling. I think he has the better gas tank, especially when it comes to cardio. I also think Colby would recover from the grappling exchanges quicker, assuming he doesn't get subbed or GnP by Usman.

Colby is actually the better takedown artist but usman is better at controlling his opponent against the cage.

I think Usman should go for it as soon as he sees an opening, cause I'm legit curious.

Lol rda took down colby ffs.
Usman will batter him.
Why do you think he's calling out Dustin?
He'll be at LW next year

Usman has more power, Colby has more cardio. So, the longer they grapple, the more I'd favor Colby, but I don't think Colby's submission game is as good as Usman's, so he might sub Colby early.

I don't know. But I'd love to see it! Who could overtake the other.
I would say Colby is actually the better BJJ guy. But neither of them have any real submission threat.

Usman will dominate if he can grapple and finish Colby quick. The longer it goes, the more I'd favor Colby in grappling. I think he has the better gas tank, especially when it comes to cardio. I also think Colby would recover from the grappling exchanges quicker, assuming he doesn't get subbed or GnP by Usman.
tHu9pcv.gif

Basically Usman is the better grappler initially in the grappling exchanges, but I believe he will fatigue quicker and/or recover slower than Colby in the grappling exchanges, especially in a 5 round fight. But I also think Usman is too smart to let that happen.

Usman seems too strong, has better cardio, and has learned to strike a lot better than before.

I don't see Colby winning the rematch. I just don't.

Basically Usman is the better grappler initially in the grappling exchanges, but I believe he will fatigue quicker and/or recover slower than Colby in the grappling exchanges, especially in a 5 round fight. But I also think Usman is too smart to let that happen.
Outta likes bruh.
200.gif

I would say Colby is actually the better BJJ guy. But neither of them have any real submission threat.
You're not wrong in that Colby has a few more sub wins, but in grappling - strength matters and I just don't think Colby matches Usman's strength. I might just be one getting bamboozled by Kumaru's TST physique or something, but Colby just seems weaker than him.

I wouldn’t expect either to dominate....both high level wrestlers ....But Usman seems bigger and stronger so I’d give him the edge over the long haul

in the wrestling exchanges against RDA and Woodley, Kamaru looked way more dominant then Colby. He controlled RDA on the ground throughout, something Colby was unable to do. He also was able to hold down Woodley early on in the fight, wheras Colby was only able to do so in the later rounds (also against a worse and smaller Woodley)

Colbys MMA wrestling is superb though, will be interesting to see if he can change that 100% TDD of Kamaru. So far everyone who Colby has tried to takedown has been taken down. Heres all his UFC takedowns:

Back