Is Aljamain Sterling the most disliked champion ever?

Maybe Jones...and he's a hard one to top.

At least with Jones, he earned it. Regardless of how much "help" he had.

Aljo is just a complete and utter fraud and there just isn't a way around it.

Also, maybe Timmah back in the day. A lot of guys hated him because he didn't have abs.

He indeed does rustle the jimmies of sherdoggers to quite the extent.

From what I’ve seen, he’s definitely in the top 5.

There's always haters, but for most champs they also have their nuthuggers. Honestly though, the best thing you can say in Aljo's defense is Yan fucked up. Hard to really stick up for the guy otherwise.

Jones is a big name. Sterling is irrelevant so not on the same level.

GDR and Nicco were mocked as badly as Aljo.

Jones, Ronda, Conor, Cejudo, Bisping, etc., were more hated and hated by more people too.

Im torn on Aljo... as a just bleed fan I obviously wanted him to continue the fight and give us a show. He would have no doubt lost that fight. He was already losing then took a powerful knee to the head while downed so if he had continued i'd give him a 1 in 50 chance of winning that fight.
But from an intelligent perspective he made the right move. You should never reward your opponent for fouling you by continuing the fight if your goal is to win or at least avoid losing. Doing what he did bought him an automatic rematch where if he had just laid down and died in the ring for us just bleed fans, he'd be back to the bottom. Look at Anthony Lionheart, he took the foul like a man, got his ass whooped the rest of the fight and people still dont respect him very much. At least Aljo has the belt and a guaranteed rematch\payday in his future. Smart business move, bad short term move for popularity but imagine if he's improving a lot and comes back and whoops Yan's ass. The fans will immediately flock back to him.

Ronda and

hqdefault.jpg

And I do think it was the acting that caused the most upset with the fans. He should have just sat there and told the ringside doctor that he couldn't continue bc he was too out of it.

Intentional blatant foul like this probably should result in an immediate dq. It makes the victim of the foul look like a coward if he say he can't continue, and it put them in too much of a disavantage if they choose tfo continue

And I do think it was the acting that caused the most upset with the fans. He should have just sat there and told the ringside doctor that he couldn't continue bc he was too out of it.

Like Weidman against Mousasi was it? Pretending he's really hurt to get Moose DQ'd, then when he realized it would be a win for Moose he was completely fine hahaha scumbag.

Not a bad fighter, but the way he got the belt will tarnish him for his whole career. He was taking a wooping and used a ridiculous thing to win the fight and grab the title. It was shameful.
Now, I really dislike Yan too, so I fail to give a fuck about either of them.

Back