Name a fighter who should switch weight classes.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Someone who you think would do a lot better either up or down their current division.

I have a couple names.

Tony Ferguson, he should consider jumping up to welterweight he would be a dangerous fight for guys like Colby Nate and even Leon. Ik he’s up there in age and past his prime but I think he has just one more title run in him if he’s physically okay.

also Calvin Kattar he should consider jumping up to LW and seeing if he can make a mini run there.

Someone who you think would do a lot better either up or down their current division.

I have a couple names.

Tony Ferguson, he should consider jumping up to welterweight he would be a dangerous fight for guys like Colby Nate and even Leon. Ik he’s up there in age and past his prime but I think he has just one more title run in him if he’s physically okay.

also Calvin Kattar he should consider jumping up to LW and seeing if he can make a mini run there.
IMO all fighters should change to their natural (in shape) weight.
Stop this asinine weight cut that nowadays serves nothing but added risks to fighters (since everyone is cutting weight).

I think khabib and islam never moved up because they know they would get beat at WW by the elite. They cant just overpower a smaller guy at LW, they really kill themselves 155- definitely weight bullies.

Figuereido up to 135

Holloway to 155

Maybe paulo costa to 205

Gastelum to 170

Holland to 170

Gillespie to 145

Agree with Kattar and Ferguson.

Sean O'Malley should consider featherweight.
Kevin Lee has considered a move to WW.
I liked Weidman and Rockhold's move to LHW.
I did not like Jose Aldo's move to BW. :(
ETA: Gastelum to 170. He needs a stricter diet but tbh it physically should not be that tough.

Agree with Kattar and Ferguson.

Sean O'Malley should consider featherweight.
Kevin Lee has considered a move to WW.
I liked Weidman and Rockhold's move to LHW.
I did not like Jose Aldo's move to BW. :(
ETA: Gastelum to 170. He needs a stricter diet but tbh it physically should not be that tough.

Is it physically possible for kelvin to move down? I mean fuck

I wish fighters would do more long term planning, staying at a low weight most of the year. It's tough to maintain with a diet but if you wanna fight a huge portion of your bodyweight lower than your walkaround I think you should have to. Hate seeing these dudes killing themselves to make weight.

Gunnar Nelson is an obvious choice

I was about to say Gunny, even though he seems semi-retired. He's an obvious LW.
Shane Burgos has to be too big for FW too.
Since the Poirier fight I was not sure Holloway had his chance at LW, but we can say now that Poirier is a true beast, so no shame on Max for the loss. It should be a completely different story against Oliveira, even against Chandler I'd favor Max.

Back