#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Yes Cruz beat TJ, that doesn't make Cruz above TJ, TJ has clearly beaten much better competition, most of the guys Cruz beat were not even Top 5 worthy like Scott Jorgenson, and fucking Mizugaki. People just don't wanna admit it because Dillashaw bad, Dillashaw bad EPO man.

I wouldn't say easily, it's pretty close between them.

I'd personally say, even at 135lbs, MM is a better win than any of TJ's wins personally. I know he was a flyweight but then look at how TJ did against flyweights.

Also, Cruz beating TJ definitely helps his cause in this argument. Plus, and this is a big plus, Cruz has never been caught cheating.

Last edited:
I agree actually. I think it's pretty close but TJ has a slight edge based on resume. A lot of Cruz's best wins were super close to. A lot of people dont remember how close the second Joe B fight was, and we know how close TJ fight was.

That said, Cruz was kind of robbed of his opportunity to put his legacy on another level due to his injuries. People dont talk about it but he was NEVER the same after his injuries. How incredible and gusty he fought against TJ kind of overshadows the fact that he still did not athletically look the same guy, and it was even more noticeable in his next two fights against Faber and Garbrandt.

Prime Cruz was something else.

lolwot

It's extremely debatable that TJ has beaten better competition. I personally think Cruz has better names on his resume (including your GOAT). It's very close to be honest, but as I said, Cruz has a win over TJ.

Cruz is the current GOAT. If TJ beats Yan and then defends the belt once or twice, bump this thread.

TJ's best wins:
#2 Sandhagen
C/#1 Cody x2
#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Yes Cruz beat TJ, that doesn't make Cruz above TJ, TJ has clearly beaten much better competition, most of the guys Cruz beat were not even Top 5 worthy like Scott Jorgenson, and fucking Mizugaki. People just don't wanna admit it because Dillashaw bad, Dillashaw bad EPO man.
See:
Dillashaw's resume:

#1 Renan Barao
#2 Renan Barao
#4 John Lineker
#1 Cody Garbrandt
#2 Cody Garbrandt
#2 Cory Sandhagen

Dillashaw has 6 top ten wins.
Cruz' resume:

#5 Joseph Benavidez
#1 Brian Bowles
#2 Joseph Benavidez
#5 Scott Jorgensen
#3 Urijah Faber
#7 Demetrious Johnson
#6 Takeya Mizugaki
#1 T.J. Dillashaw
#3 Urijah Faber

Cruz has 9 top ten wins.
Cruz has three more top ten wins, one of which includes Dillashaw himself, and Dillashaw is a drug cheat.

/thread

giphy.gif

TJ's best wins:
#2 Sandhagen
C/#1 Cody x2
#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Well he is good but he lost the fight to sandhagen

They fought and Cruz won, even if narrowly.

TJ has also been on one of the most potent PEDs that exists and the fact that Cody accused him of using it long before the Cejudo fight (after which TJ popped) does not exactly vindicate him in regards to his statement that he only took it for this one fight.

Last edited:
This is why he shouldn’t have gotten a win against Sandhagen even if you think by scoring he should’ve. He got his ass kicked. On paper you see a W. In reality, he did nothing to beat his opponent.

17-4 with 11 finishes vs 23-3 with 8 finishes. Pillow fist Cruz is a point fighter's wet dream. TJ over that overrated twat all day. And for those crying about the Sandhagen decision, TJ/Cruz was just as close imo.

17-4 with 11 finishes vs 23-3 with 8 finishes. Pillow fist Cruz is a point fighter's wet dream. TJ over that overrated twat all day. And for those crying about the Sandhagen decision, TJ/Cruz was just as close imo.

That was TJ in his prime vs Cruz who was shot to chit. Cruz had fought like once in 5 years before the TJ fight, and it was straight from a 16 month layoff. And he still won, just lol.

It's cruz by a slim margin, but if TJ beats Yan TJ takes the title of 135 goat

Back