Rumored What's the biggest reason most Fighter's don't look like fitness models?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I mean, they work out very hard, and apart from HW they are typically very low on fat.

Is it lack of testing in the fitness realm, or do fighters feel/fight better with a little extra fat storage?

Some fighter's are extremely lean, akin to a typical fitness model, but most aren't, why?

Alexandra_Stitch_Albu.jpg

Last edited:
Most fighters focus on recovery, putting enough fuel back in after training, a couple of extra calories is necessary.

Some fighters must be on a strict diet to stay for a weight.

Models starve themselves and take ”supps”.

I mean, they work out very hard, and apart from HW they are typically very low on fat.

Is it lack of testing in the fitness realm, or do fighters feel/fight better with a little extra fat storage?

Some fighter's are extremely lean, akin to a typical fitness model, but most aren't, why?
Wtf …. Ummm. Think this guy is watching fights for a different reason we are.

MMA fighters don't train for hypertrophy. Fitness models have attractive physiques because of the combination of low body fat with above average muscle mass, but for a MMA fighter that needs to make weight that extra muscle mass would only slow him down and make the weight cut harder.

Vanity workouts (for big chest, large biceps, sixpack abs) don't really contribute to an MMA fighter as much as other workouts do.

Cardio is also the most important thing in fighting. Training for mass will only slow you down.

Strength doesn't necessarily correlate with mass either. Look at Khabib; insanely strong for his weight class while being kinda lean. Shredded, but lean.

Two different sports

Also, get off the couch and get yourself to a gym. Tell me you’ve never worked out without telling me you’ve never worked out lol.

The vast majority of fighters in the UFC are in great physical shape. Wtf are you on about Chad?

Back