Can Font leapfrog TJ in line?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Font is looking to fight again soon. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights before Yan vs. Aljo II, or around that same time. With another big win for Font, he'd be on a 5 fight win streak with multiple ranked wins. Do you think he could Jump TJ in line?

Last edited:
I think if TJ recovers quickly, he ends up fighting Font at the end of the year, since I doubt Yan or Aljo have a quick turnaround.

I think that would be Ideal, but for some reason it feels like everyone made a silent agreement that the winner of TJ vs. Sandhagen was automatically getting a title shot and automatically just going to sit around and wait until spring 2021 for it.

I think that would be Ideal, but for some reason it feels like everyone made a silent agreement that the winner of TJ vs. Sandhagen was automatically getting a title shot and automatically just going to sit around and wait until spring 2021 for it.

TJ said in the post fight interview on ESPN+ that he wants to stay active and would take a fight if he can't get a title shot this year. He said he wants to fight one more time before the year is over. I think Font makes perfect sense unless he wants to sit out. Then possibly the winner of Aldo/Munhoz in December.

Realistically beating Cory decisively or perhaps Aldo/Munhoz winner are the only ways he can reasonably be next. And TJ beat Cory too and UFC brass doesnt rate Munhoz that highly

Doesnt seem like TJ will be out that long. And merit for your wins doesnt mean much that often in the UFC so I doubt hes gonna be in position for a shot before TJ

Just a normal line? Yeah like this
OGC.defa05a1df09e1575c180381c59963b9

The line for a title shot? Who'd Font fight before that opportunity? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Sandhagen still seems to be 'ranked' ahead of him on the UFC site as of today but not sure there are a lot of good matchups that get title shot points/worth taking. But an active contender is awesome. Cruz? While risky I'd watch him beat the unranked O'malley's ass.
upload_2021-7-27_0-0-21.png

Just a normal line? Yeah like this
OGC.defa05a1df09e1575c180381c59963b9

The line for a title shot? Who'd Font fight before that opportunity? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Sandhagen still seems to be 'ranked' ahead of him on the UFC site as of today but not sure there are a lot of good matchups that get title shot points/worth taking. But an active contender is awesome. Cruz? While risky I'd watch him beat the unranked O'malley's ass.
View attachment 870363

Sandhagen wants to stay active and he wants Font. I think what substance abuse said above about TJ vs. Font is what would be the best move for the division, but I strongly doubt it happens.

Sandhagen wants to stay active and he wants Font. I think what substance abuse said above about TJ vs. Font is what would be the best move for the division, but I strongly doubt it happens.
Sorry I was busy picking out a leap frog gif. lol. Fair enough.

And I also am skeptical of it happening but would watch the shit out of that fight...

Until spring of 2021? In what hemisphere?

Back