News Dillashaw gives an update on knee injury

Was that when Sandhagen was trying to leg lock him? If so lol at "injuring himself while lazily landing ground and pound".

EDIT: Makes it sound like he actually got the better of his opponent in that sequence even though he got maimed, and makes it sound as if his opponent had very little to do with tearing his leg up lol.

Last edited:
Damn, must be restricting bloodflow to his whole leg or something. It looks like the leg of a bigger man on his body lol

Pretty close to what I was guessing going by his “pop” description without mentioning excruciating pain (acl). Good news is lcl is a much easier surrgery and recovery then acl so he should get back to nearly 100% fairly quickly.

Good ta hear. Looking forward to the next scrap!

"Going in for surgery."

...aaaannnndddd nevermind about that title shot.

"Going in for surgery."

...aaaannnndddd nevermind about that title shot.
I mean…he probably won’t want gonna fight again in 2021 anyway tbh. Early January should be long enough to get him healthy.

Hope he has a good recovery and can get it figured out on getting back to training and back in the cage.

I mean…he probably won’t want gonna fight again in 2021 anyway tbh. Early January should be long enough to get him healthy.

Perhaps.

He had multiple issues before he fought on Saturday, then his knee popped, and now he's getting surgery.

The fact he won that fight - Some say by the skin of his teeth, and others say he didn't at all - is absolutely amazing given the fact he was coming off of a 2 year-layoff and he won against an absolute beast.

I'm not doubting his warrior spirit, or his ability to recover, but perhaps he should not be reckless with the recovery and next training camp.

He's 35 and that's well passed most 135ers primes. If he loses the next title fight its questionable if he'll ever get another one.

I gotta hand it to the little snake, he's one tough, determined dude.

Probably came in hurt and took a lot of damage in that fight. Good fight too.
That is a painful and tough injury to deal with. I’d rather fight with a ruptured ACL any day over a bucket handle lateral meniscus tear and LCL tear

Perhaps.

He had multiple issues before he fought on Saturday, then his knee popped, and now he's getting surgery.

The fact he won that fight - Some say by the skin of his teeth, and others say he didn't at all - is absolutely amazing given the fact he was coming off of a 2 year-layoff and he won against an absolute beast.

I'm not doubting his warrior spirit, or his ability to recover, but perhaps he should not be reckless with the recovery and next training camp.

He's 35 and that's well passed most 135ers primes. If he loses the next title fight its questionable if he'll ever get another one.

Very true. He's gotta make sure he's as close to 100% as he can get for his next fight because it's gonna be his last chance at the title. I don't even think it's questionable. There aren't any 37+ year old fighters competing near the top of BW and there haven't been for good reason. Once your speed goes at the lower weights you are done.

1yMWfdccxJ1erMGqBulEblCzzTh3PNjniN0LqLHF0zw.jpg

Back