Why are people still confused about the benefits of EPO

Patman

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It’s 2021 and still seeing people post stuff like “EPO helps you with your cardio but does not make you a better fighter.

EPO, like most PED’s, are not magic elixirs that help you if you sit on your ass. But for fighters and athletes who WANT to be in the gym, it helps you have longer training sessions, at higher intensities, with shorter recovery times.

That drill that your partner or opponent does 500 times, maybe now you can do you up to 1000 times before you gas or your technique starts to break down. How does this not help you become a better fighter?

People are confused that performance enhancing drugs enhance performance? I actually had not seen anyone claim that. Jesus. Now the claim that they help 2+ years later is too much.

I'm not saying that there aren't people out there saying this, but who is saying this?

People are confused that performance enhancing drugs enhance performance? I actually had not seen anyone claim that. Jesus. Now the claim that they help 2+ years later is too much.

Yes, people say things like “EPO didn’t punch Cody in the face”.

Fans are focused on the fight night benefits of PED’s but don’t realize that the juice is mostly squeezed in training.

That, and the fact that cardio is a really important tool for a fighter anyways.

imagine if tour de france cyclists and distance runners used epo?

This is exactly my point. People are downplaying its effectiveness in MMA, saying it’s more a drug for high endurance athletes who don’t have to practice countless skills. EPO most definitely helps in the skill building aspect as well.

Thanks TS.

I'm sure we'll never see this discussion again

They're still on epo....and inhalers
I think we should give everyone in every sport PED's if they choose to take them. I mean, they are all on PED's anyway so why not?

In any sport you take part in money is involved and when money is involved in anything it gives people a reason to cheat. In MMA this is especially true when a win is big for your career and a loss is very bad. People will look for an edge any way they can already anyway.

It’s 2021 and still seeing people post stuff like “EPO helps you with your cardio but does not make you a better fighter.

EPO, like most PED’s, are not magic elixirs that help you if you sit on your ass. But for fighters and athletes who WANT to be in the gym, it helps you have longer training sessions, at higher intensities, with shorter recovery times.

That drill that your partner or opponent does 500 times, maybe now you can do you up to 1000 times before you gas or your technique starts to break down. How does this not help you become a better fighter?
small amounts of EPO can be out of your system in as little as 2 days but the effects can last for months after it's left your body.

tj's fighting style was based on high out put of power shots (and recovering almost instantly) - EPO is basically that - cardio.

In tj's case it was a magic elixir - yeah he has skills but those skills were used in away that EPO would make possible.

He looked nothing like he did prior to getting busted this past weekend. Yeah he showed skills and toughness in getting a split dec. But he was far from the hight output tornado of the past.

I agree, but I gotta add: TRTitor was able to land some crazy head kicks on TRT. It might be magic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back