Tjs face

YungSithLxrd

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That cut was wider than I thought initially, nasty place for it though. The damage wasnt too bad besides the cuts

And with it open to compare. Thanks tartara and krypt

Attachments

• TJ-Dillashaw-cut.jpg
    TJ-Dillashaw-cut.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Fights shouldn’t necessarily be scored on cuts and bruising, but between the face and the leg Sandhagen’s striking pretty clearly had more impact. By 2005 scoring standards you could give it to TJ, but very tough to in 2021.

Still, nice to see TJ return and look pretty good. The top of the division had seemed really deep at one point by with Marlon, Cody and Edgar being dispatched and Aldo unlikely to get another shot, we needed another contender. TJ next for the belt with Sand right behind either earning the shot after or putting over another contender is a nice spot.

This is one of those situations where a very close fight with possibly an incorrect decision might have been the best outcome.

Now we need a picture of Sandhagen because I’m guessing that one actually looks not bad considering he was in a fight. I would say both eyes swollen, nose busted, cheek busted, and lip purple looks like how one would expect to look after a fight.

That cut was already opened up in training and the main reason the fight got postponed at first

That cut was wider than I thought initially, nasty place for it though. The damage wasnt too bad besides the cuts

Nice

I also found a pic of his daughter

sddefault.jpg

Yan will open the cuts again, take out his eye, and feed it to him.

Generally speaking, I don't think fights should be judged based on visible damage. That being said, TJ walked out of the cage limping on a damaged knee and with a face that was all levels of busted up, while Sandhagen looked fresh as a daisy (relatively speaking). And Sandhagen threw and landed more significant strikes.

It was a good fight. But there's something wrong with a scoring system if a fighter can land more strikes, seemingly hurt his opponent multiple times without being hurt himself, injure his opponent with a sub, and bust his opponent's face up and still be declared the loser.

Why would they have them taking pictures looking like that after a fight?

Don't they have pre fight pictures already they can use?

And with it open to compare. Thanks tartara and krypt

Sandhagen is for real!

Fights shouldn’t necessarily be scored on cuts and bruising, but between the face and the leg Sandhagen’s striking pretty clearly had more impact. By 2005 scoring standards you could give it to TJ, but very tough to in 2021.

Still, nice to see TJ return and look pretty good. The top of the division had seemed really deep at one point by with Marlon, Cody and Edgar being dispatched and Aldo unlikely to get another shot, we needed another contender. TJ next for the belt with Sand right behind either earning the shot after or putting over another contender is a nice spot.

This is one of those situations where a very close fight with possibly an incorrect decision might have been the best outcome.
Damage shouldn't be everything. If you don’t put the guy out it's also about what happens rest of the fight.

That cut was already opened up in training and the main reason the fight got postponed at first
Yea so opening it back up means next to nothing for sandhagen is what I’m learning here on sherdog.

Damage shouldn't be everything. If you don’t put the guy out it's also about what happens rest of the fight.

Agree. Some guys cut easily some don’t, among other things. But the things I see TJ gets credit for are not things that by themselves score points.

For example, “pushing the pace” is great for throwing the opponent off rhythm, getting him tired and forcing mistakes. Tony pushed the pace against Edson, drew out a takedown attempt when Edson was flustered, and snatched a choke to win a fight he was getting tuned up in. TJ also pushed the pace last night, but ran into a lot of hard punches doing it and Sandhagen never broke and allowed TJ to score as a result.

Similarly, “dictating where the fight takes place” is huge because you can take it where you have the advantage and capitalize on it. Maia forced the Gunnar fight to the ground repeatedly, where he was much better and proceeded to dominate. TJ forced Sandhagen to the fence a lot and got a couple takedowns, but did not dominate while there and even landed in a couple submissions attempts (one of which did damage). If anything TJ was using the takedown attempt just to hold on when he started eating big shots.

I give TJ a lot of credit for this fight, but I struggle to find three rounds for him.

Damage shouldn't be everything.....

Well since that's the sole aim of a fight, it's pretty important.

Damage shouldn't be everything.....

Well since that's the sole aim of a fight, it's pretty important.
That's not the sole aim. The sole aim is to win. One can win by submission without doing damage.

Ya goof

Back