Should all title eliminators be 5 rounders?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Legit I just wanna see them fight for 5 rounds anyway but legit why have 3 round fights to determine who’s fighting for the belt when they can be 5 co mains when it’s required. Like imagine Holloway and Barboza fighting for 3 rounds…give em 5 and let em bang pls.
D4A6712A-BC30-48F0-A59A-666075EE5CAF.jpeg

Make every fight 5 rounds, then title eliminators 10 rounds, and title fights 15 rounds, and title fight rematches 20 rounds and WMMA one round and WMMA title fights 1 3 minute round, then any fight that ends in a draw they just go unblocked punch for punch until someone loses.

I think it would be better for the challengers. Imagine fighting 3 round fights your whole career and then you’re on the biggest stage trying to fight for 5

Yes, but the whole idea of a title eliminator has gone to shit. Wasn’t Leon supposed to get a shot if he beat Nate? Well he did, where’s his shot? Screw the title eliminator just put an interim belt on the line if your champ publicly asks for money.

It’s become such a joke it’s hard to call any fight a title eliminator with a straight face when you know they’ll go with a different fight in a heart beat if it means making more cash or saving money.

But yes, probably the top two fights of any card should be 5 rounds anyways.

All or none imo

I like pretending this is some sort of sport.

But if we want to get honest.... lets just make it 3-way hell in a cell matches.

You never actually know when it's a title eliminator or not regardless of what's said by Danar/UFC. I'm all for it but if they fight 5 rounds in said title eliminator, needs to be in fight agreement/contract that winning gets you the shot sans injury or visa issues or other legit disqualifying doodadery. Probably not gonna happen.

It's prolly better considering the stakes, but I don't mind if it's a 3 rounder as long as the 2 clear cut top contenders are fighting for it.

Back