Volkanovski grappling and top game.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We didn't get to see it in his last two fights but he's a very good MMA grappler. If you watch some of his old ufc fights you would realize that he's like a mini Usman back then. Able to hold guys against the cage and constantly working. And he has ruthless ground and pounds once he gets on top of you. Go watch his fight against Kennedy, it's one of the best ground and pound performances I've ever seen.

Not sure what prompted this thread, but yes, I agree. He's a very solid grappler and his ground and pound is brutal. In my opinion he's the most well rounded champ on the roster.
I was bored just re-watch some of volkanovski fights. Then realize how ruthless and good he is once he gets on top of guys.

Not sure what prompted this thread, but yes, I agree. He's a very solid grappler and his ground and pound is brutal. In my opinion he's the most well rounded champ on the roster.

We don't know how good his guard is or how he fights off his back

He might be but most of the champs aren't that well rounded and maybe none are the most well rounded in their division.

We didn't get to see it in his last two fights but he's a very good MMA grappler. If you watch some of his old ufc fights you would realize that he's like a mini Usman back then. Able to hold guys against the cage and constantly working. And he has ruthless ground and pounds once he gets on top of you. Go watch his fight against Kennedy, it's one of the best ground and pound performances I've ever seen.
Yep.

If Volkanovski is staying in the States until his title fight, he should go to LA this weekend and watch Patricio Freire and AJ McKee. Those two together with Volkanovski and Holloway are the Top 4 featherweights in the world.

We don't know how good his guard is or how he fights off his back

He might be but most of the champs aren't that well rounded and maybe none are the most well rounded in their division.

Yeah, but despite that, I still think he's the most well rounded champ.

Yeah, I think he’s going to run a train though Ortega when they fight later this year. He’s probably the most underrated champ.

I'm not sure how good Volk is because he's pretty untested. His wins over Max are tremendous but idk how much that is a result of styles.

Because outside of that he has past-his-prime-Aldo & Mendes who has 1 foot out the door. Elkins & Kennedy are fine fighters but were never more than fringe top-30 worldwide at best.

Ortega is similarly untested vs the top as he has just Zombie(who looked amazing vs Edgar & Moicano) & past-their-prime Cub/Frankie as elite wins.

The way Ortega looked vs Zombie, as well as how mma math works, I expect Ortega to win.

Max>Ortega>Volk>Max

Yeah, I think he’s going to run a train though Ortega when they fight later this year. He’s probably the most underrated champ.
I'm so looking forward to this fight and I dont think volk is running through Ortega but I'm expecting another 145 classic.

I'm not sure how good Volk is because he's pretty untested. His wins over Max are tremendous but idk how much that is a result of styles.

Because outside of that he has past-his-prime-Aldo & Mendes who has 1 foot out the door. Elkins & Kennedy are fine fighters but were never more than fringe top-30 worldwide at best.

Ortega is similarly untested vs the top as he has just Zombie(who looked amazing vs Edgar & Moicano) & past-their-prime Cub/Frankie as elite wins.

The way Ortega looked vs Zombie, as well as how mma math works, I expect Ortega to win.

Max>Ortega>Volk>Max
Incorrect...Elkins was top 8 or 9 at 145 in the World...UFC Rankings, not making it up....how dare you say Elkins has never been inside the Top 30....dude's a fucking stud.

Back