Poll: Costa vs Vettori, who takes it?

Who takes it?

• Total voters

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hard to predict, similar pressure styles, they're gonna go head to head hard.

marvin-vettori-paulo-costa.jpg

Dnz46X5.gif

Paulo gets drunk before the title shot, and Marvin puts on his shorts backwards. This is the fight for the DMF (Dumb MF) belt, and whoever can fight semi intelligently wins. I lean more towards Marvin, as he wasn't completely humiliated by Adesanya

two Meatheads head butting in the center of the octagon. hopefully Costa can turn it into a brawl. I don't recall Vettoris being in one.

It won't be a brawl like people think. Meathead or not, Marvin is a smart fighter. He will use his wrestling and stamina to neutralize Paulo and wear him out.

Vettori for sure. Costa gasses and won’t survive 5 rounds of wrestling + Vettori has a concrete head with no brain so he can’t be knocked out.

costa is inactive and got KTFO’d in one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen last time out. Vettori at least put in a respectable performance against Izzy and didn’t take any damage.

I'm going with Costa for sure. He is more imposing and will have that triple threat right straight/right body kick/right headkick as well as that nasty lead hook to the head and body combined with his occasional switch kick to keep Marvin circling into that right side.

There will be some resistance but I'm picking Costa based on being a better pressure fighter more explosive and marvin being a southpaw.

There is something about Costa that makes me feel he wont be in the top 5 for very long. I think he is vastly overrated.

Back