Objectively, Usman >> Khabib in all-time rankings.

Azyy

!!!
@Orange
Reaction score
For some reason they're not mentioned in the same vicinity, but when you look at it objectively they should be closely ranked/rated.

Khabib: 13-0, 4-0 title fights, 8 years Total UFC record of Khabib's opponents when facing him: 89-33-1 (2) [71.2% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Khabib: 37-40 (1) [47.44% win rate]
Usman: 14-0, 5-0 title fights, 6 years Total UFC record of Usman's opponents when facing him: 110-31-2 [76.92% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Usman: 28-21 (1) [56% win rate]

In fact, there's a solid case Usman should be ranked ahead of him. Usman:
  • actually beat the champ (x4 defending) to become the champ, whereas Khabib beat #11 Iaquinta.
  • is the more active fighter and champion. Khabib had 2 interim champs in his reign.
  • has faced a wider range of skillsets, including bad matchups.
  • didn't retire in his prime and is doing rematches.
  • has never missed weight or been suspended.
Some say Khabib beat 3 top P4P fighters in a row, but this is disingenuous. Justin and Conor's P4P rankings were extremely inflated. Usman may not be as dominant as him, but he's dominant enough in his own right.

You can bring up Usman's submission loss to Caceres...

20130528115635_827Q9055.JPG

...but this happened around the same time as this fight, a fight Khabib realistically should have lost.

NINTCHDBPICT000624405328.jpg

All in all, they're both generational talents, but I'm tired of seeing them rated differently as if they're not in the same league. As Usman continues to merk people I think this narrative will become more popular.

For some reason they're not mentioned in the same vicinity, but when you look at it objectively they should be closely ranked/rated.

Khabib: 13-0, 4-0 title fights, 8 years Total UFC record of Khabib's opponents when facing him: 89-33-1 (2) [71.2% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Khabib: 37-40 (1) [47.44% win rate]
Usman: 14-0, 5-0 title fights, 6 years Total UFC record of Usman's opponents when facing him: 110-31-2 [76.92% win rate] . Total UFC record of opponents after facing Usman: 28-21 (1) [56% win rate]

• actually beat the champ (x4 defending) to become the champ, whereas Khabib beat #11 Iaquinta.
  • is the more active fighter and champion. Khabib had 2 interim champs in his reign.
Some say Khabib beat 3 top P4P fighters in a row, but this is disingenuous. Justin and Conor's P4P rankings were extremely inflated. Usman may not be as dominant as him, but he's dominant enough in his own right.

...but this happened around the same time as this fight, a fight Khabib realistically should have lost.

All in all, they're both generational talents, but I'm tired of seeing them rated differently as if they're not in the same league. As Usman continues to merk people I think this narrative will become more popular.
This thread is going to be a 10-pager. Congrats.

Khabib is top 3 GOAT because of who he beat and how he beat them

Usman has faced multiple journeymen in his title fights and got dropped by one of them

Also, Usman has never faced a "bad matchup", that is bullshit. There isn't anyone like Whittaker or Aldo at welterweight

Shrug. If it's true, he'll win a few more and prove it. If he doesn't, in hindsite folks will look back and probably decide it's not true even now (with the same hindsite perspective you're allowing yourself to review Khabib's career after it ended).

I think the reason there’s an actual argument for Khabib is because of his competition level and how he beat said competition. It’s almost shocking to see how dominantly he beat his competition in arguably the hardest weight class in the UFC.

No

Khabib is top 3 GOAT because of who he beat and how he beat them

Usman has faced multiple journeymen in his title fights and got dropped by one of them

Also, Usman has never faced a "bad matchup", that is bullshit. There isn't anyone like Whittaker or Aldo at welterweight
Nice cope. Khabib faced Iaquinta for the title, that alone says enough. That's just as bad as Usman beating Neil Magny for the strap. He then defended against Conor (1-3) and Justin (5-3). It goes both ways.

And Burns is an awful matchup for Usman. Khabib just so happened to never fight any of the grapplers in his division.

I think Khabib fought the better guys. Usman has fought a lot of LWs in his WW career, 3 of which being in his title defenses. I think he will pass him up inevitably but Khabib is higher for now.

Also I'm positive those numbers are wrong

Reactions: TR1

<TheWire1>

You actually backed it up with stats, stats that matter no less.

Also Khabib has a hell of a chin, a knee from a roided out Gleison, especially with him holding khabib's head for more force, and didn't even rock him. Khabib honestly does have a neanderthal esque chin.

The “actually beat the champ” argument is fallacious, he soon after beat the previous undisputed champion in Conor
Therefore you admit Khabib only has 2 title defences, as he only really became the champ after beating Conor. So Usman has double the number of defences as Khabib.

Back