The sandman only needs one more win though right?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And cory fights very often, tj is a big name so of course the bext shot is him, but qfter that is cory there is no one else. Unless he goes on a bad streak which i don't see it he will probably be fighting for the title sonner than later.

I like Cory, but i don't think he should be. I mean, he shouldn't be too far with devastating POTN finishes over #s 6 & 7 in his last 4, but he's also got 2 losses in title eliminators in the same time.

Could fight either the Munhoz-Aldo winner, or Yan if Sterling retains, then see whats up after that.

One more win against a top contender. Had he beat tj (which is debatable that he didn’t), he’d have been nailed on for the next shot. That has to go to dillershaw now, surely

I like Cory, but i don't think he should be. I mean, he shouldn't be too far with devastating POTN finishes over #s 6 & 7 in his last 4, but he's also got 2 losses in title eliminators in the same time.

Could fight either the Munhoz-Aldo winner, or Yan if Sterling retains, then see whats up after that.
But he's also got 2 losses in title eliminators. Yes, but the most recent "loss" was a split decision loss to the former champion who never lost the title. Sandhagen beat up TJ pretty bad in that "loss" by the way and looked like he went for a jog in the process.
E7G_zX1UYAIcIxy

E7G_1d4UUAI-0SR

But he's also got 2 losses in title eliminators. Yes, but the most recent "loss" was a split decision loss to the former champion who never lost the title. Sandhagen beat up TJ pretty bad in that "loss" by the way and looked like he went for a jog in the process.
E7G_zX1UYAIcIxy

E7G_1d4UUAI-0SR
So yeah, he's got recent losses to the former champ and the current champ. So in order for Cory to be champ in any undisputed way, you'd think he'd need to get something back on both of them.

So that's 2 fights (eliminator + title), plus whatever he'd need to win to get either or both of those 2. Surely, if TJ beats Sterling or Yan, the other of them would be closer than Cory, no?

he didnt really lose tho.

The problem with the 1 win theory, is that he's at best in the third title fight from now. So what's he gonna do in the meantime?

We need Yan vs Sterling re-match. This is taking way too fucking long.

Then winner of that will face TJ. The delay there will let TJ heal his popped knee and that eye scar tissue so he doesn't Diaz himself

Then winner of that could fight Corey, if he gets that one big win, but with the amount of time between them he probably should fight twice

I guess the takeaway is is that UFC brass, or at least Sean Shelby, was satisfied with his performance - even in a losing effort. I don't know why else he'd tell Cory that.

Nah he put the back door handshake out in the public. Undercards coming up.

So yeah, he's got recent losses to the former champ and the current champ. So in order for Cory to be champ in any undisputed way, you'd think he'd need to get something back on both of them.

So that's 2 fights (eliminator + title), plus whatever he'd need to win to get either or both of those 2. Surely, if TJ beats Sterling or Yan, the other of them would be closer than Cory, no?
I think if Cory beats Font or his next opponent, he will most likely be next in line after TJ. I don't think this "loss" does anything to drop Sandhagen's stock. I think Sandhagen would beat both Aljo and TJ in a rematch. With Aljo though he would have to survive the first round or two.

Doubt it. You have Sterling vs Yan... TJ vs Winner and knowing the UFC , probably a super fight somewhere in there... Sandhagen isn't sniffing a title shot until mid - late 2022...

Doubt it. You have Sterling vs Yan... TJ vs Winner and knowing the UFC , probably a super fight somewhere in there... Sandhagen isn't sniffing a title shot until mid - late 2022...
I agree with your timeline and there is always a possibility that Dana/UFC pulls some funny stuff. Most likely scenario though is Sandhagen getting that title shot if he can beat Font or whoever is next for him.

he didnt really lose tho.
k but he did

I think if Cory beats Font or his next opponent, he will most likely be next in line after TJ. I don't think this "loss" does anything to drop Sandhagen's stock. I think Sandhagen would beat both Aljo and TJ in a rematch. With Aljo though he would have to survive the first round or two.
I think Sandhagen could beat any of them too, including Yan. But he didn't. Take it from the winner's POV. TJ got a bump in stock, didn't he? He had a lot to prove coming back. So how come his victory should mean so little that Cory's right back in his face after 1 fight? TJ will have beat him and then the champ. Is Cory beating Font not only regains the momentum from the loss, but also closes the extra distance of the title fight?

Say he fights and beats Font before the end of the year. He said himself before that he doesn't think he's the type to sit around, so he'd likely get another fight in before TJ's shot.

I mean, it's not egregious. There's been a great number of completely incomprehensible bookings in the business and this isn't terrible. I just don't think it's right, when there's all these pretty valid complaints about UFC rankings and how guys hold positions instead of falling with losses.

Yes. Font is very fundementally sound while Cory is flashy as all hell. Interesting matchup but i think Font outboxes him

Yep. I'd bet on Font if odds close as they should be, but would be very looking forward to the fight as a fine

Back