Still no update on the WW division

Cauliflower Ear

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are they waiting for the winner of Chiesa and Luque in a couple weeks before deciding what next? Maybe if we see a big finish, they might get the call up?

Colby hasn't fought in almost year, he is supposedly next in line
Leon needs to sign a fight ASAP before being left on the side again waiting, cannot see him wanting to fight anyone except Usman
Burns just came off of a big win, he is gonna need another win at least. He will fight anybody but my concern is, I think most of the division will duck him now after he beat WB

I think Burns V Leon is the fight to make for the contender spot, makes most sense. But I would like to see Burns fight Luque and Chiesa, no sure where Masvidal and Nate fit in to all of this, but I am sure they will interfere in some way
Screenshot-2021-07-25-at-20.29.21.png

Last edited:
I think, quantitatively, if you were to calculate the amount of risk each fighter took in their respective current streaks, Leon has risked and accomplished more than Colby, Burns, or whoever wins Chiesa/Luque.

I think if fan interest was taken into account, it would make no difference, cuz no one gives a shit about any of them, Colby included.

The fact that Burns took Wonderboy when Leon wouldn't, and Colby didn't want any of them should disqualify both of them for a title shot.

I would legitimately be ok with Usman taking a vacation until the UFC forces Colby to fight Leon, or Burns fights the Chiesa/Luque winner. Maybe Kamaru can take a 1-off middleweight fight for fun in the meantime, like Silva used to at LHW.

Are they waiting for the winner of Chiesa and Luque in a couple weeks before deciding what next? Maybe if we see a big finish, they might get the call up?

Colby hasn't fought in almost year, he is supposedly next in line
Leon needs to sign a fight ASAP before being left on the side again waiting, cannot see him wanting to fight anyone except Usman
Burns just came off of a big win, he is gonna need another win at least. He will fight anybody but my concern is, I think most of the division will duck him now after he beat WB

I think Burns V Leon is the fight to make for the contender spot, makes most sense. But I would like to see Burns fight Luque and Chiesa, no sure where Masvidal and Nate fit in to all of this, but I am sure they will interfere in some way
Screenshot-2021-07-25-at-20.29.21.png

No Dana has already confirmed Covington gets the next shot in November/December. Hes said this repeatedly.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/4/...s-next-in-line-for-title-shot-at-welterweight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back