Do I understand this correctly?

MarleyLynx

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Hypothetically, take a round where the standup has no advantage to either fighter.

Fighter A scores a takedown late in the round
Fighter B armbars fighter A , snaps the arm but fighter A doesn't tap and ends the round with a mangled, broken arm still on top.

Fighter A wins the round due to control?

Maybe we should use instant replay and judge all fights the next day in slo mo.

That’s what you’re suggesting, right TS? I’m just reading between the lines of your straw man here….
Not a strawman. This is a legitimate scenario that happens in MMA.

Understand this. The mighty fight educated sherdogger will absolutely insist that TJ had the superior performance based on a guy not giving a shit if he gets pushed against a cage. Said fighter actually escapes with no damage taken in those positions and while he doesn’t stop every takedown he ultimately delivers more damage when he finds himself beneath TJ. Us casuals will just casual.

Hypothetically, take a round where the standup has no advantage to either fighter.

Fighter A scores a takedown late in the round
Fighter B armbars fighter A , snaps the arm but fighter A doesn't tap and ends the round with a mangled, broken arm still on top.

Fighter A wins the round due to control?
theoretically fighter A might win the round if you looked at the judges scorecards, however the fight would be stopped before the 2nd round begins and fighter B would win via TKO.

If you're thinking in the case of round one being scored for TJ is difficult for them to see if damage was done to the knee without a scan after every round.

So submission scoring is somewhat subjective and arbitrary?
For myself, when Oliveira broke Tony's arm... I score that similar to a KD.
When Dariush hyper extended Tony's Knee.... I score that similar to a near fight ending sequence.

But since Tony still used the arm and continued as normal... Would my scoring criteria be off?

A sandwich is like a hamburger, but colder, right?

So is a hamburger a type of sandwich, or it's own thing all together?

Help me understand this.
What about a hotdog? Is it a sandwich or something else?

Cowburger a sandwich or not, as long as it tastes good, I don't care what it's called even if it's a hotdog. Time to eat.

What about a hotdog? Is it a sandwich or something else?

Cowburger a sandwich or not, as long as it tastes good, I don't care what it's called even if it's a hotdog. Time to eat.
Sandwich:
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

Since a hot dog bun is technically ONE piece of bread, unless it breaks, i believe it falls under a different jurisdiction.

Now if you accidentally make that mistake of tearing it in the middle, you now have a sandwich

If you're thinking in the case of round one being scored for TJ is difficult for them to see if damage was done to the knee without a scan after every round.
Doesn't stop fans from screaming "TJ Won on one leg!" Lol.

A sandwich is like a hamburger, but colder, right?

So is a hamburger a type of sandwich, or it's own thing all together?

Help me understand this.

A hot dog is also a sandwich, but with the buns connected

Notice how easily hot dog buns split apart? You can't tell me that such a thin layer of bread makes it necessary to put it in a whole other category of food

Totally a type of sandwich

I don’t agree. Burgers are too distinct a food item to be lumped together with sandwiches.

One aspect that distinguishes burgers from sandwiches is that burgers are only really suitable for near immediate consumption, whereas the whole concept of a true sandwich is portablility and longevity.

I mean, are we going to be calling shish taouks or shawarmas ‘sandwiches’ as well? Let’s not go crazy here.

Back